[auto-update] Automatically keep packages up-to-date.

Does this mean we will now have reasonably up to date signal strength and quality numbers?
I thought it meant the constellation of services on each mux when you expand the "view" button. I couldn't understand what was going on when tunefix should have got rid of a load of them.

There is no mechanism to update the tuning figures.

It shouldn't really be called a .db file because of the obvious confusion with Sqlite database files.

Surely updating the database should be independently timer driven so that users who can't/ don't want automatic package updating also benefit
It probably ought to be, but at least it's consistent now between manual and auto update.
If people don't update at all, then they will be stuck with old data e.g. two COM6 entries, which is what happened recently, as the service that was used to identify the mux. as COM5 moved to COM6.

It is a real database, just not an sqlite3 one.
It's used to help the web interface show MUX names so it needs the occasional update as services move around. Before it would only be updated on a manual update from the package management screen, now auto-update does it too. That's all.

Got rid of what (in a more appropriate thread) ?
No need; it was when I was messing about with the supported user's unit the other day, trying to retune and strip the dross, without enough time to take my time. It all got messy and in the end I just left it on the default tuning.

It shouldn't really be called a .db file because of the obvious confusion with Sqlite database files.
It was also you using the word database in your first post - if you had called it the mux names list (or similar) I might not have gone off at a tangent

It was also you using the word database in your first post
True, I associated .db with database, but then you associated database with Sqlite database. When is a list a database, or vice-versa?
Anyway, it really wasn't worthy of all this discussion. I almost wish I hadn't bothered now.

Back