Auto Update missing from Scheduled Events

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I have two HDR-FOX T2 boxes which do not have an Auto Update event listed in webif Scheduled Events. These boxes have not been seen by the RS server since 30th March, and have not been used since then. The front panel clock displays are currently running 9 minutes fast.

I Did install the disable-ota package before the last OTA firmware update, but found out that I wouldn't need it due to the OTA being transmitted from mux 1 (which I don't have tuned into my boxes), so I uninstalled disable-ota. My other boxes are behaving OK, but not these two. How can I restore the Auto Update event on these boxes?

It should come back of its own accord but I'm not sure what triggers it. It usually takes a couple of days and/or reboots but I don't know exactly.

Thanks, the boxes have both been rebooted a number of times since removing disable-ota, but I will try a few more.

Sorry, I don't know the trigger mechanism. Maybe try changing the schedule if you haven't already?

There are no scheduled recordings set, so I will try setting some and rebooting.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? You seem not to want auto updates but you want the auto update event. Seems a bit bizarre...

What exactly are you trying to achieve? You seem not to want auto updates but you want the auto update event. Seems a bit bizarre...
The standard Auto Update is useful to help keep the clock time, and EPG updated, and also to contact the RS server.

Auto Update has returned on one box following the setting of a scheduled recording, and a reboot. This has not worked with the other box, so will try another reboot when it has finished recording.

The only reason I can think of for the front panel clock being so wrong, is due to the boxes being in standby for more than a month, with no early morning Auto Update schedule.
I didn't check the screensaver clock, but no doubt that would have been correct due to the boxes being brought out of standby.

Just an update, the front panel clock on my box without the Auto Update event, had become 2 minutes fast since last Saturday.
I have just brought it out of standby, and it has finally recreated an Auto Update event. Hopefully it is back to normal now, and will keep better time from now on.

The only reason I can think of for the front panel clock being so wrong, is due to the boxes being in standby for more than a month, with no early morning Auto Update schedule.
I didn't check the screensaver clock, but no doubt that would have been correct due to the boxes being brought out of standby.

There are a few things in the thread I wondered about.

Did the Auto Update schedule stop working after the BST time change? Can sysmon tell what time the box turned on and off after 30/3/14.? Could the front panel clock have been running independent of the network / broadcast time during this standby?

Back