--- Auto Update ---

This has suddenly appeared in the webif schedule of both my HDRs. It is timed at 04:30 with just --:--:-- in the duration field. The mode field has what looks like a wireless symbol and the 7 for a daily repeat. The entry doesn't show on the machines' native on-screen schedules.

I've never seen this before. Any ideas?

Both have identical webif version:

Web interface version: 1.3.1-1
Custom firmware version: 3.10 (build 2734)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.10)
Loader Version: a7.34

Thanks. It puzzled me because I had never seen it in more than two years using the custom firmware.
I see it more often, but probably only a few times a year if that. It's just rare enough to make me think "Oh! I hope the package is going to catch that" :eek:

Whenever the Humax firmware "decides" to add the firmware search to the schedule again, it will remain in the schedule until the next reboot. If you look in the period between the two events, you get to see it. My 'Foxes are mostly powered on 24/7, so the event is rarely removed and I rely on the reminder entry to over-rule it.

I see it more often, but probably only a few times a year if that. It's just rare enough to make me think "Oh! I hope the package is going to catch that" :eek:
I did a reset today (for a minor issue - see elsewhere) followed by a manual retune. While checking through after tuning and before rebooting I noticed the auto-update entry was in the schedule (all alone).
I then did a 'soft' (webif) reboot to get the auto-thisnthat packages to work. Box rebooted, waited for a while, box rebooted again as expected. When it was back up I checked with webif and all my channels and schedule were back, but the auto-update was still there.
So I did another webif reboot ... and still it's there!?!
Then I used the remote to put it to standby 'properly' and then brought it back up and the auto-update was finally gone.

From that I would deduce that it has to be a reboot into standby to clear the update entry and not a 'soft' one; but that doesn't seem to make sense as the CFW initialises on every reboot.

It's not so much a question of the CF initialising as whether it can gain access to the relevant files before they are locked by the Humax firmware. It may be that there is a smaller window of opportunity when simply forcing a reboot than when the system is booting properly from power up.

Back