Autodecrpyt problem - but only with 'Strictly'

I regularly get auto-decrypt-failed notifications, and currently have 8 listed in my pending system notifications.

There are two variations of auto processing:
  1. Autotrigger - processes a single recording and is triggered by end of recording so will always start within seconds of the the recording finishing
  2. Auto - runs on a timed basis at 5, 25, 45 minutes past the hour (can be adjusted by editing chrontabs) and processes all recording that autotrigger failed to handle
The problem seems to be related to the DLNA indexer and it is difficult to predict when that will run, it varies from a few seconds to hours and even when indexed it is not clear when the index is safe to use.

Using a link and the DLNA helper (as suggested by BH in post #10) seems to have reduced the problem for detectads, only one user has reported decryption problems since I introduced the change but retrying laterbworks for Auto so perhaps the easiest fix is just to remove the alert message and only generate the log message.

Thanks MymsMan for the clarification.
In my case these failures are always successfully processed at the next auto run. If this is the case for all who have had this problem then would strongly agree that the alert message is removed and only the log shows the failing.

Not true, at least Ian_j and I have had it. I have had it several times, although the recording has been decrypted when I look at them.
Note I was referring to Decryption length error messages issued by DetectaAds chaserun processingwhich resulted in -Len Err files being created, I know Trev and others suffered from these in the past but I have only seen one report of a DetectAds related decryption problem since I made the changes a few weeks ago.

The DetectAds messages are different from the auto-decrypt notification messages which are being discussed here

I've had a 14b len err just once since you changed it Myms. And just to clarify, in my post #21 above, I was referring to the big red auto decrypt notifications.
But what's hacking me and SWMBO off is the loss of the end of the prog, which has nothing to do with DA or auto decrypt, but seems to be the AR signal and is the subject of a different thread.

But I'll keep my eye out for Len-Err and report if seen.

That is a lot more than other users have reported, can you post the auto.log
My latest batch of auto-decrypt-failed notifications date from 18/12/2015 - 22/12/2015, and my auto.log does not cover this period.

I became mr unpopular as it was always strictly that failed to record or became unstable - buffering on chase play, I haven't got detect ads installed but did have lots of settings like auto decrypt, shrink on folders and sub folders, auto dedupe on others plus I think I've seen my box struggle with processing whilst recording had bbc before so I've disabled all those options for now plus any auto tidy options on folders and gone back to good old manual, I've also opted for sd recordings when I may be recording more than one programme at a time.

Not had any issues since but also strictly has finished (yay!) also had the issue occasionally on doctor who on hd, to be honest although my signals show excellent strength and quality of signal I know the Vodafone booster I had interfered with hd BBC so I'd put it down to aerial / cabling although I've replaced all fly leads etc I've checked the connections in the loft but not got a ladder long enough to get to the aerial which is chimney mounted.

I'm on rowridge which could be possible 4g interference but I'm interested to find out I'm not the only person experiencing this occasional issue.

For the sake of harmony I now record family programmes in SD :)

I've had this message for every recording of Britain on Film, 5 so far. On every occasion the episode has been decrypted fine when I've checked it.

You have pending system notifications.png

Back