AV2HDR "duration" problem

wiab4355

Hi, bit of a problem, hope you can help.

Converted an 84 minute MKV to MPG using Freemake - all OK and checked against AV2HDR's help file regarding source video.

Imported into AV2HDR which reckons the video is only 21 minutes.

It may be something I've done but I can't spot it.

Ian

Hi all

changed from Freemake to Super C, all OK and looked good in VLC; transferred to HDR and the aspect ratio is now 4x3 (supposed to be 16x9 obviously)!

Help please?

Ian

There is probably some kind of export setting in Super C, or it was written when all TV content was 4:3. The display aspect ratio is a property held in flags at various points within the video file, and can be manipulated if necessary with a utility.

Hi BH, there are settings for the output; I chose 1280x720 and 16x9 (same as the MKV) so I don't know what else I could have done.

Anyway, what's this utility you mentioned?

You would need to do a search for your specific circumstances. I found one when I needed to change the 4:3 flags on an analogue PVR grab of 16:9 video.

However, as you have specifically configured the export I now doubt that is the problem.

I don't know a great deal about this stuff, just offering what little experience I have in the hope it helps.

Is this any use?:

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-150117.html

"DVDpatcher" rings a bell.

OK, thanks anyway, will Goggle or something...

My concern is that VLC is displaying it properly (widescreen) so I really don't know where to start. Searches have led to questions from people whose videos don't display properly on their PC/Ipod whatever, whereas mine's fine - just not on my Foxbox

OK, thanks for the link, but I think the poster's problem is different to mine - he has a converted DVD that plays (on his PC, I assume) in 4x3 instead of 16x9, whereas all (both!) of my 16x9 videos play as 4x3 on the Foxbox.

Back