AV2HDR

CharlesW

I have been using AV2HDR V3.3 for a while for my Foxsat-HDR. Occasionally, for no apparent reason, it fails to work for some files.

Here is an example:-
I have merged two videos previously recorded on the Humax using ffmpeg. When I try to recreate the sidecar files with AV2HDR, I get the error message "No Audio Stream Detected. Cannot Continue", even though the video plays correctly with sound on my PC. I have had no problem previously doing exactly the same thing with a different pair of files.

Is there a new release of AV2HDR to fix these problems? Is AV2HDR-T2 compatible with my older system?
I have looked at Migrate, but Norton complains that it is malware.
I am not sure how to get Sidecar to work. Is there a standalone PC version that works like AV2HDR?

Thanks for your help.

PS I have tried AV2HDR-T2. It doesn't complain about "No audio Stream Detected", and generates the sidecar files, but these don't seem to be compatible with my Foxsat-HDR. If I apply the newly generated .ts file back into AV2HDR (to create valid sidecar files for my system), the "No audio Stream Detected" error reappears.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

I have run tsMuxeR (2.6.12), but still get the same result with AV2HDR. I have run MediaInfo on the file. Output screenshots from MediaInfo and from AV2HDR are attached.

I have checked what happens when the original files recorded by my Foxsat-HDR (before concatenation) are opened by AV2HDR, and get a different error message - "packet does not contain a valid PMT table ID". I don't know what this means.

As I said earlier, there is no problem with AV2HDR-T2, but the output format is then not compatible with my Foxsat-HDR.

So, I don't know what is going on!

Attachments

• AV2HDR output.JPG
    AV2HDR output.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
  • MediaInfo output.JPG
    MediaInfo output.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Is there a new release of AV2HDR to fix these problems?
"Raydon" (author) hasn't been seen for years now.

Is AV2HDR-T2 compatible with my older system? ... I have tried AV2HDR-T2. It doesn't complain about "No audio Stream Detected", and generates the sidecar files, but these don't seem to be compatible with my Foxsat-HDR.
AV2HDR-T2 produces output appropriate to the Humax HDR-FOX T2 not the Humax FOXSAT-HDR, hence the "T2" (which is short for "DVB-T2", a terrestrial - not satellite - broadcast standard).

Returning to your original problem with AV2HDR: I can't give you the details, but I know AV2HDR has specific requirements for the input video and audio streams. What you need to do is find a video you have previously converted successfully, and check what the streams are in that.

Last edited:
All is now working, thank you.

Before, I had taken your suggestion to remux with TSmuxer, and I did this on the merged video file with no success. When I used TSmuxer on the two video files before merging, then after the merge AV2HDR was happy. I notice that TSmuxer is also capable of doing the joining, so everything can be done at once.

It still puzzles me as to why some files recorded by the Humax are accepted by AV2HDR, while others are not.

So, on to the next issue! I find that sometimes I am unable to delete files/folders on the Humax. If it was my Linux box, I'd run fsck. I think there is a maintenance mode I can access via telnet. I'll grapple with this myself for now! If it ain't (completely) broke, don't fix it!

Again, thank you for your suggestions and help.

PS As you say, I don't know what has happened to Raydon. I can't even find a download site for AV2HDR V3.3 if ever I need it again.

I think there is a maintenance mode I can access via telnet. I'll grapple with this myself for now!
Indeed.
If it ain't (completely) broke, don't fix it!
I'm sorry, that old chestnut does not apply to file systems; "a stitch in time saves nine" is more apposite (fix it while it is recoverable).

I can't even find a download site for AV2HDR V3.3
I'm sure an appeal on the forum would be forthcoming.

I'm sorry, that old chestnut does not apply to file systems; "a stitch in time saves nine" is more apposite (fix it while it is recoverable).
The hours I have wasted re-installing an entire system, after tweaking something I didn't really need to (or should have left well alone). I'm sure we have all been there.

I'm tempted to leave you to your fate, but for the benefit of other readers:

A file system is (essentially) a database structure. Storing a file on a disk means using the database indexes to locate some unallocated space, filling that space with the new data, linking to more space if necessary, and leaving a trail of pointers to all the sections of space allocated to that file so that it can be found and reconstructed when needed again. The indexes to unallocated space need to be updated so the space occupied by the file is no longer "unallocated".

How fragile a file system is depends on the amount of redundancy built into the database system. Suppose there is no redundancy: If the database becomes corrupted, eg because of a temporary or permanent disc sector failure, or because the system in turned off in the process of updating the pointers, then some or all of the data stored in the file system will become unreachable. With enough built-in resilience (redundancy), the file system can overcome minor glitches and the files remain reachable despite database inconsistencies. That is the major advantage of using modern file systems (eg Ext3) over old-fashioned ones (eg FAT).

Running the file system repair tools looks for inconsistencies in the database structure. If there is enough redundancy, the database can be completely rebuilt.

Hence the reason for running fsck (implemented on the Telnet menu as fixdisk): run it as soon as there is any suspicion, because if left too late it won't be able to correct all the inconsistencies.

I'm sure we have all been there.
Yes, I've fiddled with stuff and then wished I hadn't – and for that reason now run RollbackRX on my PC. That argument does not apply here.

If a file was encrypted Mediainfo wouldn't produce any results.
Yes it does. It says no PMT table found, not a result but an error message. . I have to ask why do you not try it on a encrypted file ? . Frankly not for the first time words fail me. . The encryption prevents the software building the required data. Please stop posting this crap you could have easily checked. :eek:

That's rich...
I have no idea what you are talking about.

If Mediainfo fails to open a transport stream container and reports no PMT found it is encrypted. If not encrypted it will open it and reveal the audio and video files contained in the container.

Here is an example of the data it contains.

It's the strictly come dancing final from last year. A recording from the HDR-FOX-T2 would likely have A primary audio track encoded with AAC audio rather than AC3. Also the colour model is component and not RGB.
l
Note for the first time in a long time it was not transmitted in AC3 5.1 surround and the actual container format is blu-ray .mt2ts and not a standard transport stream.

this what you would get from a bluray rip.

General
ID : 1 (0x1)
Complete name : D:\SCD 2020 Final\Strictly Come Dancing 2020 Final.ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 9.25 GiB
Duration : 2 h 25 min
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 9 091 kb/s
FileExtension_Invalid : m2ts mts ssif

Video
ID : 5400 (0x1518)
Menu ID : 6941 (0x1B1D)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 4 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=8, N=24
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 1 h 47 min
Bit rate : 8 270 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Standard : Component
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : MBAFF
Scan type, store method : Interleaved fields
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.160
Stream size : 6.22 GiB (67%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio #1
ID : 5401 (0x1519)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : 6
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -656 ms
Stream size : 200 MiB (2%)
Language : English
Service kind : Complete Main

Audio #2
ID : 5402 (0x151A)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Codec ID : 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -640 ms
Stream size : 267 MiB (3%)
Language : nar

Text
ID : 5404 (0x151C)
Format : DVB Subtitle
Codec ID : 6
Delay relative to video : 6 s 88 ms

Other
ID : 5403 (0x151B)-888
Format : Teletext

Last edited:
It means the file is encrypted
The files which give me the AV2HDR error messages are not encrypted. I can watch them on my PC using VLC. Also if they were encrypted, I wouldn't be able to remux the original videos (initially I had remuxed the files merged with ffmpeg) with TSmuxer, and then get them satisfactorily through AV2HDR.

fix-disk duly completed (after a couple of hours). It didn't say there were errors, but then neither did it say they there weren't. However, I have now been able to delete a file that refused to be deleted before.

"Life is a continuous succession of fixing things..."

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Your hypocrisy.
Frankly not for the first time words fail me.
Yet you still managed to write some drivel.
Please stop posting this crap you could have easily checked.
BH doesn't have a FoxSat AFAIK. Yet you do and you didn't take your own advice. Back to the top line of this post.
There's some petard over there with a rope attached...

Yet you still managed to write some drivel.
And not for the first time, never with any hint of apology nor acknowledgement when errors are pointed out. I don't suppose we'll see GLT in this thread again, now the OP has blown his assertion out of the water. Disagreeing is not the same as being right, and no reason to be arrogant.

Back