Backup schedule daily

Basjoe

Can somebody remind me how to set the system to perform a backup of the schedule daily. For some reason mine appears to have stopped on the 11th July.

Best Regards
Basjoe

Is there a setting somewhere where I can turn on backups of the schedule ? At the moment I can perform manual backups, but the auto function seems to have become disabled, and I can't find the setting in the Webif.

Basjoe
Web interface version: 1.3.1-1
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)
Loader Version: a7.31

Thanks for the reply. I ran that diagnostic and the result was

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<title>500 - Internal Server Error</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>500 - Internal Server Error</h1>
</body>
</html>

... at which point I was unable to communicate further with the hummy, and I had to restart it. I'm guessing this doesn't look good.

Basjoe

Do it from the command line using Telnet (or similar):
Code:
humax# opkg update
humax# opkg upgrade
humax# diag fix-flash-packages

Thanks for the command line Telnet suggestion.

OK. Done that. Everything seemed to progress smoothly, though quite a bit of text was produced nothing looked problematical. What now ?

Basjoe

An auto backup has been performed this morning. So that's a good result, and has solved my problem. Thanks for your help.

But, an observation. Interestingly, my list of available backups to restore has shrunk considerably - 2 from 2012, 3 from 2013, 1 each from 2014 and 2015, the manual backup I did the day before yesterday, and this morning's auto backup. The rest have disappeared from the list. Wierd. Perhaps the fix-flash-packages performed some sort of purge, or has an unexpected housekeeping process taken place.?

Unless you advise otherwise, I will delete the old backups and just keep the last two.

Basjoe

Sorry I forgot to mention that all the backups in the list are manual backups (except the last one). So all the backups that have disappeared were auto backups. Perhaps that is to be expected.

Basjoe

Seems reasonable. What on earth use is a schedule backup from 2012, or even much older than a few days ago?

I have found a answer to the problem I was having with my Humax box where auto update wouldn't work.
the solution that has worked for me was to load webif by usb stick.

go to http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Manually_loading_Features_from_USB

where it says

"If it is not practical to connect your Humax box to the Internet via a cable or wireless, then software packages can be loaded onto the Humax by placing them onto a USB Disk drive. The packages themselves can be downloaded from http://hpkg.tv/packages.html. Each package is available for download as an individual file or as a bundle. A bundle contains the package itself along with all of its dependencies, and is the recommended and easiest way to install software. "

I went to http://hpkg.tv/packages.html as mentioned & scrolled down to webif and downloaded the Bundle to usb stick

with the Humax on I inserted the stick, after a short while it stopped flashing and I removed the stick,powered the box off & then on.

it has done an auto update at approx 4.25 over the last week OK

Hope this will help anyone with the same or similar problem

Sorry for any confusion between update & backup I was referring to the "auto backup of scheduled events" which is found by clicking on the schedule tab and then selecting Backup/Restore which then shows a list of Available backups either Manual or Auto which in my case had stopped working a while ago

I had this recently, not sure when it stopped making backups but I discovered the problem after a forced re-tune while I was at work. I've finally found the reason that it stopped working thanks to some handy clues from these forums, backup.jim has moved from the html/backup subfolder of the WebIF to html/sched/backup, presumably as part of an update to WebIF but the anacrontab file was still referencing the old location.

I tweaked the path using vi but will have to wait until the cron job runs to see if it is working. Requesting backup.jim in a browser creates an auto backup so I'm hopeful this resolves the issue.

I've finally found the reason that it stopped working thanks to some handy clues from these forums, backup.jim has moved from the html/backup subfolder of the WebIF to html/sched/backup, presumably as part of an update to WebIF but the anacrontab file was still referencing the old location.
Nice spot.
I missed that in the results of moonbrain's tests

Strange how it's affected some boxes and not others though...

I can confirm that correcting the path in the anacrontab file has re-enabled the automatic backups.

I'm guessing its down to the frequency of updates to the WebIF and other packages, I don't check all that frequently so I wonder whether I jumped a version or two where the change to the file structure occurred and the anacrontab file might have been correctly updated.

Back