Baffled!

Bum. I just downloaded Splash Player Lite on the expectation that it would act as a DLNA client, but either I'm getting it wrong or it doesn't.
But you could always suggest it.:) The Polish Developers seem to be quite keen to take suggestions on the Mirillis Forum. Quite alot of useful info there too.

Both Splash Player Lite & Splash Player Pro crash for me on opening with no real info as to why.
There are reports on their forums about it, dating back 6 months or so too

Both Splash Player Lite & Splash Player Pro crash for me on opening with no real info as to why.
There are reports on their forums about it, dating back 6 months or so too
Mmm. Sorry to hear that. What OS are you running it on? I am trialling the Pro Ex at the moment on XP and haven't (yet) had the issue you mention. Is it specific to a particular file or does it just crash while it loads? Perhaps I could try to reproduce the symptoms for you; it might give us some more insight?

Running on Windows 7 and it crashes on load for both apps.
The PC has got quite an old processor on board - a P4 2.8GHz with 2Gb Ram.

The min specs state that it requires an "Intel® Celeron® 1.4GHz or equivalent processor (SSE2 required)"
P4 has SSE2 according to [here] so i dont see that being the problem.

Just tried to install it on my works laptop running XP, and it stated it needs to install "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)".
My Windows 7 machine has this installed, but i bet its the culprit - probably needs an update or re-install.

Just tried to install it on my works laptop running XP, and it stated it needs to install "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)".
My Windows 7 machine has this installed, but i bet its the culprit - probably needs an update or re-install.
There you go, all you needed was a clue ...
Let us all know if this fixes it for you.

Don't you love when a plan comes together?!
No, because I don't like XBMC (at least not the default skin). Seems to be no way to knock it down to a window and get back control of my desktop other than make "shutdown" do a minimise.

You could try GOM Player. Free and a very light install. Plus if I remember correctly it automatically asks to to install missing codecs if you don't have them for playing content. Also provides the link. Works on my wife's netbook.

Just an idea if you're still getting problems with other software?

I always welcome suggestions.

Back to XBMC, a major annoyance is it doesn't FF/RW or skip. Does anybody else find that it does, and do all the other clients fail the same way?

Downloaded the Splash Player Lite ... Only disappointment is that it doesnt seem to be able to use the substitle stream within the .ts wrapper like VLC.
Very reasonable response from Mirillis: "At the moment internal subtitles in TS files are not supported yet.
We plan to add support for this in the future versions but there is not release date defined yet for this feature.
Is it possible to share a short sample file, this would help us to test this functionality when we will develop it."
You can bet I will be doing so.

Back