Bake Off (Extra Slice) 2/9/16

Wallace

Traveler 34122
I have the GBBO Extra Slice scheduled to record each week. This week they pushed back the start time to 21:30, and the recording schedule does reflect the new start time.

However, I noticed the HDR had not started to record when the programme started, luckily I paused live TV on my other HDR so won't miss it.

At 21:38, I also noticed the ring had changed to red, and upon checking realised that the recording had started. Red ring log confirms recording started at 21:38.

My question is whether the BBC didn't sent the start signal out on time or could it be the new RTS I have installed having just updated nugget to the latest version?

I use AR, but have had RTS installed since 'released' (I realise it's still in beta).

yup, similar here:

Start Time Fri Sep 2 21:39:02 2016 BST (Scheduled: Fri Sep 2 21:30:00 2016 BST)
End Time Fri Sep 2 22:04:12 2016 BST (Scheduled: Fri Sep 2 22:00:00 2016 BST)
Duration 25 minute(s). (Scheduled: 30)

Despite the run-on recording, the programme itself finished at 21m elapsed.

The wife has yet to notice :(

update: forgot to add, RTS not yet enabled on this system.

If you use arbookmarks, you can see when the start/end flags occur (if they occur within a recording). Likewise, I believe the command line utility hmt can analyse and provide the information.

These will only work for a recording with the right conditions of course, if anyone has one they can confirm when the start mark actually occurred (which, I have no doubt, is the same information as gets presented in the WebIF information as per post 2).

yup, similar here:

Start Time Fri Sep 2 21:39:02 2016 BST (Scheduled: Fri Sep 2 21:30:00 2016 BST)
End Time Fri Sep 2 22:04:12 2016 BST (Scheduled: Fri Sep 2 22:00:00 2016 BST)
Duration 25 minute(s). (Scheduled: 30)

Despite the run-on recording, the programme itself finished at 21m elapsed.

The wife has yet to notice :(

update: forgot to add, RTS not yet enabled on this system.

Thanks, you have set my mind at rest. I cannot remember this happening before, not with this much delay anyway.

It's Sod's law that it happened within an hour of me updating 'nugget', so you can see my concern.

Thanks again.

I had noticed earlier in the evening that there were parts of the evening's EPG missing. Our Extra Slice recording ran from about 21:38 to 22:00, missing the star but getting all the way to the end. Fortunately, I had recorded Gardener's World which was on before it. Its recording overran by 8 minutes, which contained the missing start of Extra Slice.
Looks like the programmes were on schedule but they had a problem with some of the data transmissions

GGBO Extra actually overran by 2'30" or so as well and affected QI, which had the start missed.
It was back to normal for Newsnight.
Garbage in, garbage out, on the part of the broadcaster it would seem.

Back