BBC Channels stuttering/freezing - HELP!

rammelino

Hi

In the last few weeks, all of the BBC channels on my humax have been stuttering to the point where some of the recordings are unwatchable. All other channels are fine.

I am in Leeds and apparently there are no problems with the signal at Emley Moor.

I have tried manual installation, automatic installation, I have removed the aerial and selected default settings etc, all to no avail.

Grateful for ANY suggestions on what else I can try or look into

Thanks

If it only affects a certain selection of channels, the first thought is one particular multiplex. The Terrestrial TV web site HERE (click) will show you the services carried on each mux. Maybe you can identify that all the services on one particular mux are affected, and look in detail at that particular one (maybe retune it manually?). The tuning details for each mux for your region are shown on the Digital UK web site HERE (click) (tick the "detailed view" box).

I don't know the 9300 - does it offer a signal strength and quality measurement per mux?

Thanks

Have checked the website and already tried a manual retune. The strength of the signal of the BBC channels fluctuates from 0-60%, whilst the quality can be 10-50%.

The quality for the other channels is 100%.

Am wondering now if my aerial was moved during the recent bad (windy) weather

I updated my post while you were posting, have another read. Quality needs to be 100%. Are you sure the BBC mux is coming from the same transmitter as the others? Give me a list of your channel numbers (that's the transmission channel for each mux, not the LCNs for the services).

If the BBC mux is in the high 60s, and no other obvious answer, we might postulate 4G problems (although I would have thought strength would be 100+).

Have checked the website and already tried a manual retune. The strength of the signal of the BBC channels fluctuates from 0-60%, whilst the quality can be 10-50%. Am wondering now if my aerial was moved during the recent bad (windy) weather
That is possible. Another possibility would be water getting into the aerial cabling. This can give poor reception on just one multiplex. If there is water in the cable it needs sorting out immediately because it may find a way into the tuners and destroy the Humax. Also check that any joints in the cable are properly made as again this can cause similar problems.

I updated my post while you were posting, have another read. Quality needs to be 100%. Are you sure the BBC mux is coming from the same transmitter as the others? Give me a list of your channel numbers (that's the transmission channel for each mux, not the LCNs for the services).

I hope this is right:

BBC A - 47
D3&4 - 44
BBC B HD - 41
SDN - 51
ARQ A - 52
ARQ B - 48
COM7 HD -32

These are the correct RF Channels for Emley Moor; those I manually tune to in Sheffield.

Trying not to teach you to suck eggs but did you delete all your existing channels before you carried out a manual tune?

Can you receive transmissions from another transmitter; one that would give you TV channels in the 800s in the EPG after an auto tune?

Do you have an amplifier in the aerial circuit?

If your aerial has moved I would have expected that all the MUXs would have been affected to some degree.

Do you have an HDMI cable lying close to your aerial cable? There have been some reports of interference. Personally, I have not suffered with that problem.

I would follow up MartinLiddle's suggestion. And also check all your connections in case they are a bit flakey.

Emley Moor did have engineering work a couple of weeks ago, but, as you say, that is now over.

Martin

Back