bbc files

john hardman

I want to transfer some bbc programmes /files from my old humax recorder hard drive (removed) to a new humax recorder.
I've connected the Seagate 500gb hard drive via a sata adaptor to my laptop.

but only some of the videos / programme files are visible. the recorded bbc files aren't visible?

can someone tell me why they aren't visible, and is there anything that I can do to change this.

i'm pretty sure that the files are in sd format and not hd

regards
jh

Please specify exactly what models of Humax PVR you are talking about. If the original PVR was HD-FOX or HDR-FOX, you need to read about encryption: Things Every... (click) section 5.

Note you have posted in the HD-FOX section of the forum.

I want to transfer some bbc programmes /files from my old humax recorder hard drive (removed) to a new humax recorder.
I've connected the Seagate 500gb hard drive via a sata adaptor to my laptop.

but only some of the videos / programme files are visible. the recorded bbc files aren't visible?

can someone tell me why they aren't visible, and is there anything that I can do to change this.

i'm pretty sure that the files are in sd format and not hd

regards
jh

Without the original box in working order you are pretty stuffed. All the recordings are encrypted, the Custom Firmware allows decryption in situ. A bog standard HDR-FOX-T2 will decrypt SD recordings if you copy them to a usb storage device. The hard drive is formatted in Linux EXt3 , surprised you can see anything on it unless you boot your PC into Linux.

You need to put the HDD back into the original Humax HDR-Fox T2, if this is not possible, (as stated above), you're stuffed

You can extract High Def content from the original Humax, using FOXY

Last edited:
Back