BBC Four HD lost after retune

JellyBelly

RE: BBC Four HD (didn't put HD in subject...oops...corrected)

Hello

Got a message on BBC Four HD recently prompting a retune as BBC Four HD had moved...I put it off and off until it was there no longer...and so retuned. Re-entered all the scheduled programmes and all was well...or so I thought. A few days later I noticed that BBC Four HD and BBC NEWS HD and BBC Parliament had vanished. Probably others but that's what was noticeable as I watch all of them and record a lot on BBC Four HD. Anyway, as I am surrounded by transmitters I did a manual retune and scanned Wenvoe com8 and BBC Four HD reappeared...but only while the PVR was up. As soon as the PVR was put into standby and restarted again...channels gone again. Repeated this over and over and can't get the ruddy things to stay.

My tv is connected to the HDR-FOX T2's loop through and the TV has all channels. None missing. I retuned the TV to see if they would vanish as well but nope, still there. As they are on the TV upstairs. Today I connected an August DVB400 Freeview HD box/pvr between the Humax PVR and TV...so from the Humax loopthrough into the August from the August loopthrough to the TV. Both the August box and the TV still pick up all of the channels that aren't retained by the Humax.

I'm done a full reset on the Humax, twice. Still no joy.

Had no problems with this PVR, except when the hard disk died...but after reading here I replaced it with a 2Tb drive and it's been working perfectly for what must be a couple of years now. Well except the crappy remote, which I have to repair regularly as the buttons go mental (case prised apart, cleaned, and paint on Kemo conducting silver and it works properly again for another 10 months or so.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to get rid of this box if there is a solution.

From another post you stated that you have some custom firmware installed.
Have you checked that you are not using old tunefix packages? One of the settings will do this if it is set and you are using an older version.

If you are not using old ones please would you confirm if you have none, one or both tunefix packages installed.

Hello Luke, you're a genius! Fan-bleedin-tastic! First time right on it. Well done!

Just updated both tunefix packages and rescanned com8, shut down the PVR and started up again and voila! BBC4 HD still there!

Thankyou VERY much.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to get rid of this box if there is a solution.
Surely it doesn't take much thought to make sure your software is up-to-date before posting, does it?
There really is no valid reason for people not to install the auto-update package these days.
The consequences of not doing so are usually worse than doing so.

[And this is in the wrong section of the forum - if you have CF installed, post in the CF section!]

If I'd known it was what it was I would have posted 'there' and not here. The 'other' forum description led me to believe the forum was for discussions about custom firmware...so I posted here because I didn't know that was what it was...and sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I haven't checked the packages for ages. Because I forgot all about them...yeah, it's true. I installed the firmware, webif, some packages, and it worked, I left it alone and then...forgot about the packages and the web interface. Otherwise occupied life.

Anyway, thanks. Even if it is wanted, I'm still grateful for a swift solution..albeit in the wrong place.

Cheers.

sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I haven't checked the packages for ages
That's why you need auto-update. It does the work so you don't need to. Like your self-driving car takes itself to the garage when it needs a service. Ah, OK, I guess we're not quite there with that yet... but the car still needs to be serviced.

I installed the firmware, webif, some packages, and it worked, I left it alone and then...
I don't think you are the first. In fact my 'involvement' in our two sets of CFW is really only (when I remember - can be weeks) to browse into WebIf, acknowledge any update/crash notifications and, if the latter, check the crash log to make sure it's just the usual.

It's a credit to the various developers that a lot of this stuff has become 'fit-and-forget', including some bits that do need occasional intervention unfortunately (though auto-update covers most of those).

Back