BBC iPlayer messed up

socrates

I forgot to record University Challenge last night - never mind I thought, it'll be on iPlayer. Opened TV portal ( now with added ugly ) and selected iPlayer. Chose BBC2 and the date - funny, those don't look like BBC2 programmes. Indeed not, they were Cbeebies. Thinking I might have miss-keyed ( easy with the clunky interface ) I tried again - same result.
I tried every other channel ( including Cbeebies ) but no BBC2. Eventually I did find the programme by scrolling through the featured items but what a pain. I'm now decided - I'll give up on TVPortal and buy an Apple TV so I can stream from my phone using Airplay. I've tried it to a Macbook and it works well. So full range of catch up apps and a better interface - its unlikely that TV Portal with ever compete.

Humax >> TV Portal >> BBC I-Player >> TV >> BBC TWO does seem to be bringing up only BBC 2 programs now, I'm guessing that this was a temporary BBC problem

I checked iPlayer on my phone - it was fine so I'm guessing it was the mapping on to the portal version that was temporarily adrift. I've never noticed anything like it before. Perhaps something to do with the portal revamp.

How often do people try to run a programme and get something like "unfortunately this programme is not available... Please try later" - and then find that it plays if you press OK anyway? It happens often enough to me to remark on it.

How often do people try to run a programme and get something like "unfortunately this programme is not available... Please try later" - and then find that it plays if you press OK anyway? It happens often enough to me to remark on it.

It has never happened to me, ever! Perhaps I am not persistent enough. I am jealous!

I have had things available on one device but not yet on another, of course, but I guess that is just the time it takes their computers to do the conversions.

It has been a not-uncommon (rather than frequent) occurrence on HDR1, and the first time I wanted to save off iPlayer on HDR3 - bingo.

Back