1280x720p at 50fps should be good... I wonder if we should check that the T2 supports it (that is; that it would not be too much of a load on the system).
Simple enough - create an MP4 with the right characteristics and see if it plays.

We used to get 1280 x 720p at 25fps; they're saying that for the new profile of 960x540p at 50fps "subjective assessments shows it delivers significantly better pictures on TV screens across a wide range of popular content (such as EastEnders and Top Gear) due to its higher frame rate.". I think this is probably meant to apply to things moving in scene, or so long as the camera is being panned across everything. But "subjectively" I think there are aspects that don't look better. Although I suppose encoders and decoders used may have an impact too. 1280 x 720p at 25fps no longer looks to be included [in the list of profiles]. The next better profile listed is "The 50fps, 1280x720[p] profile, however, will be available to those with 5Mbit/s broadband connections."; yet it is not being served out it seems; or maybe the programs we're watching are not being encoded with it, so it can't be served up. 1280x720p at 50fps should be good... I wonder if we should check that the T2 supports it (that is; that it would not be too much of a load on the system).

As 1280 x 720 at 50fps is the other HD standard adopted for HD broadcasting to 1080i from the original EICTA spec (HD Ready) , I would be amazed if it wasn't universally supported on European kit. It's the only 50/60 fps progressive format supported by blu-rays as well. At 1920 x 1080 blu-ray only does 24fps in progressive format. My camcorder will shoot 720p50, I can try some footage but pretty sure it will not be an issue.

Back