BBC iPlayer status?

G

gonemental

BBC iPlayer status?

I was just wondering what the current status was of getting iPlayer on the HD-FOX T2. Is this available yet? If not, how close are we?

Thanks

Re: BBC iPlayer status?

Ah yes, you're right. Did some digging on the TV Portal and it's supposed to be due for release this month, but who knows..!!

Re: BBC iPlayer status?

Hi
the portal upgrade is indeed still in beta testing, this can take as long as your generic piece of string :roll:
I recommend if you are on facebook to befriend humax on there, I seem to get all my info now for most companies from there facebook pages!

I'd like to know if we will be able to save iPlayer programmes to disk, like you can on a computer?

The reason is that both my TV and Blu-ray player have BBC iPlayer, but they can only buffer a few minutes and my 'net connection is not fast enough to stream HD programmes so I have to watch them in SD.

I'd like to know if we will be able to save iPlayer programmes to disk, like you can on a computer?

The reason is that both my TV and Blu-ray player have BBC iPlayer, but they can only buffer a few minutes and my 'net connection is not fast enough to stream HD programmes so I have to watch them in SD.

No, the BBC limit the maximum amount you can cache, Humax have no control over this as they have to abide by the BBC rules. I'm sure they will do the maximum they can so that the greatest number of people can use it effectively.

No, the BBC limit the maximum amount you can cache, Humax have no control over this as they have to abide by the BBC rules. I'm sure they will do the maximum they can so that the greatest number of people can use it effectively.
Don't see why they should limit the amount buffered, as by using the iPlayer Desktop application you can download whole episodes for viewing later.

Yes, I seem to remember something like that. I haven't downloaded any programmes for quite some time, I tend to just watch them using my Fetch TV SmartBox (until I get the Humax TV Portal).:D

Do they still have a time limit for watching them?
The the limit before watching is normally something like a month, after you start yoiu then get 7 days. However for some reason the initial time often gets extended. Last night I watched a programme that should have timed out in mid Dec but got extended to mid Jan, then after watching I got another 7 days as it resets the counter.

Back