BBC logo on iPlayer HD programmes

rg001c7345

Has anyone else noticed that the logo is partially off the screen on HD programmes? Only in the last couple of days.

Rg.

Yes, I have noticed this too. It has been like this on and off since the TV Portal was launched, and I have also noticed it via various other devices.

Same on live HiDef.

Update: my mistake, that was the SCART input overscanning. It's fine on HDMI.

Has anyone else noticed that the logo is partially off the screen on HD programmes? Only in the last couple of days.

It obviously will make a difference if you have been changing the screen format on your TV, from say 16:9 to Just Scan (Samsung terminology)

When the UK went widescreen all graphics had to fit in 4:3 protected area so that people watching on old 4:3 teles could see the graphics. Still the same today , hence the graphics on the footie is in the middle of the screen. When HD was first broadcast all this changed, As you got to have a 16:9 tele for HD, graphics for HD only TX can now use the whole 16:9 format. Hence if your TV overscans these idents are cut off.

Unlikely to be overscanning with an HDMI feed surely? We had a play last night, and although the live BBC HD ident was off the edge on SCART that was because of the analogue input to the TV overscanning. It was fine on HDMI, but when we brought up iPlayer and ran a HiDef playback, sure enough the "BBC" ident was off the edge, confirming the reported observations.

Most tv will overscan that's why you should select original scan or whatever your tv calls it, just scan on my lg. Try it on the test card. All I was trying to point out is that HD only broadcasts treat these DOG's differently, Personally I think they're annoying. I've noticed iplayer on my pc cuts them off too

I had the HD Logo problem when I first got the HDR a week or so ago and assumed it was my TV. It's gone away now after playing with the V-Format button on the remote, might be worth a try.

Confirmed. With "Just scan" (pixel 1:1) the "BBC" ident logo on iPlayerHD is at the extreme top left of the field. With the TV set to 16:9 (instead of just scan) the ident is partly off the edge. I guess they must have moved it.

Back