BBC Radio Wales - Siadwell

I thought it didn't start while the 21st.

I never met that idiom until I moved to Sheffield. I had great difficulty getting my head around it. I am surprised that others understood what you meant! :p

Translation:

I thought it didn't start until the 21st.

Or is it before? :confused:

Even that's rubbish! "Didn't" implies the past not the future. "Doesn't" implies the future. I suggest "I thought that it is not on at present but starts on the 21st". That seems pretty unambiguous with no double negatives etc.

I simply read the "while" as "until", as the only way to make sense of it.

We seem to have strayed into AVP territory.

I never met that idiom until I moved to Sheffield. I had great difficulty getting my head around it. I am surprised that others understood what you meant! :p

Translation:

Or is it before? :confused:

Ha, I'm originally from Sheffield.

Sent from my GT-I9300

The Friday broadcast conflicts with my regular news recordings, so I have scheduled the Saturday lunchtime repeat instead.

The Friday broadcast conflicts with my regular news recordings, so I have scheduled the Saturday lunchtime repeat instead.

I managed to grab this using get_iplayer.

Many thanks for offering to get this for me though I really appreciated it.

Hi. I work for Radio Wales so I thought I'd just let you know that as soon as each edition of Siadwel finishes on Friday evenings at 7, you'll be able to download (and keep) each episode as a free mp3 podcast, available worldwide from the BBC Radio Wales website (click on Podcasts) and also from iTunes etc (under BBC or Comedy).
Also, I know it's not quite the same, but outside of Wales you can listen if you have digital sattellite TV or cable, as well as online of course - again visit the Radio Wales website and click on Info.

I think Naked Video doesn't have a general series page on the "programmes" section of the BBC website as it predates the schedule system we currently use - programme pages for older series are a bit patchy.

Why are they only available for a few days, I notice that the first one has disappeared already before I had the chance to grab it

Back