BBC Three to return in January 2022 as broadcast channel

Just out of curiosity ...
We set a series record on Freeview for Fleabag late Tuesday, (re)opening night, which aired two episodes.
Both recordings showed sensible times but the first wouldn't play because "scrambled or unavailable"; the second was fine.
We rarely get this problem (I can't even remember the last time - probably when I was still trying to suck stuff from BBC Four HD), so I wondered if this was a BBC or transmitter first night glitch. Anybody heard about or experienced anything like this?

I seem to remember this from the original hassles with BBC3/4 after a re-tune. Try searching the forum!
I think it was caused by the encryption flags in the .hmt file being wrong - which you can manipulate using the hmt utility.
Have you still got the original files? Auto-decryption will probably have made a mess if turned on...

I seem to remember this from the original hassles with BBC3/4 after a re-tune. Try searching the forum!
I think it was caused by the encryption flags in the .hmt file being wrong - which you can manipulate using the hmt utility.
Have you still got the original files? Auto-decryption will probably have made a mess if turned on...
The issue I remember was when the part time HD channels were new and the scheduled did record but the error resulted in the Humax thinking that they were zero length and refused to play because of that. There were some work rounds developed but I thought the newer Humax software did resolve this issue.

Looking at the old threads there is another issue for the part time channels that may be a different issue, and could be the same issue as now.

She hasn't deleted them yet.
No decryption attempted.
I'm not bothered about it myself (she watched it on iPlayer) but if you need the files or some other action for diagnostics I can probably do something.

Looking at the old threads there is another issue for the part time channels that may be a different issue, and could be the same issue as now.
That looks very much like it.
Is it just a one off after the changes or is it going to recur each time a new recording (or series) is set up?

Have you got both Enc and Dec flags on them on the WebIf?
Is auto-unprotect installed?
If it's the same thing, then it's probably just a one-off.

Yes for ep 1 (the failure), just Enc for ep 2.
Looks like the same fault then. Either install the auto-unprotect package or run the fixencflags diagnostic and it should fix the flags and make it watchable.

run the fixencflags diagnostic and it should fix the flags and make it watchable.
That worked. :thumbsup:

Edit: The report said it also fixed four other older programmes. I guess they are ones swmbo hasn't tried to watch yet. (This is her box.)

Last edited:
Back