BBC1 formula 1

mihaid

aaaaaagh, is there anyone as frustrated as me when bbc changes from one channel to another during the same tennis match or as was the case yesterday :

from bbc1 to bbc2 with formula 1 race abu dhabi? for sic, the tennis.

Yes. I don't generally watch sport but when they do this it generally sods up the 'entertainment' programming as well. They claim it's so more people can enjoy [this] spectacle, but really it's pure ratings grabbing, driven by a need to make an impression in the numbers.

I was fortunate in that I had been recording all practice sessions etc so I had 2 separate recording schedules on the go. The one for the practice sessions caught the live race.
Might not need to worry about it in future anyway - given how much is being slashed from BBC's sports budget I wouldn't be at all surprised if that turns out to be their last
ever F1 broadcast. :mad:

I was fortunate, although I had the race scheduled, I switched on a 1pm, only to be faced with the tennis-holy crap! Minor panic, tuned to BBC2 and direct recorded.
Agree with you Tony, but the live races, practise etc., is overkill and must cost the corporation a fortune to pay Bernie. Motogp had a similar number of viewers and would have cost them far less to broadcast, but they chickened out and let BT have it. :mad::mad:

Could have got Lineker to pay it from his wages.

Yes. I don't generally watch sport but when they do this it generally sods up the 'entertainment' programming as well. They claim it's so more people can enjoy [this] spectacle, but really it's pure ratings grabbing, driven by a need to make an impression in the numbers.
and people complain about it again and again and yet the BBC do nothing.

... and lo it came to pass that, finding no room at the BBC, F1 went to C4 (at least they, hopefully, won't engage in channel-hopping). Merry Christmas everyone!

Just as long as Suzy Perry moves over too...;)

It looks to me like the contract has been transferred from BBC to C4 to get around problems with Bernie, as both are public owned channels.

So my suspicion is the whole crew will be going over to C4 as well.

I only remember her being on the BBC F1, but could have memory fade!

Either way, I would like to be her personal buttock massager. Unfortunately, that job is already taken. :)

Wasn't Martin's mate Jake Humphrey? But regardless of the name, Suzi is far easier on the eye.

Back