BBC3 or BBC4 won't record after re-tune

I also recorded 'Crimes of Passion' and it has an audio description track which can be turned on and off with the subtitle button.
My experience was that the broadcast for episode 1 of 'Crimes of Passion' reflected what the freeview epg for 'Crimes of Passion' which is tagged as subtitled but no Audio Description.
Episode 1 of 'Crimes of Passion' did not have an audio description track but it did have subtitles which could be turned on and off with the subtitle button for the occasions when English was spoken.

Your experience is a bit bizarre for an additional reason. Audio Descriptions are normally toggled on/off by using the audio button.

Last time this problem occurred, didn't somebody discover that it could be fixed by watching one of the affected channels (e.g.BBC 4 HD) for a few minutes (about 5) and recording the program at the same time (i.e. Press record whilst watching).
I seem to remember it fixed it for me.
I can't find the specific discussion at present but it was months ago.

HarveyB, the latest software update corrected the problem with BBC3HD and BBC4HD giving a reported "zero-length" file after recording properly. The old thread, with a mention of a workaround/solution by Owen Smith, is: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/failed-recording-of-new-bbc-four-hd-channel.4309/page-17.

The problem under discussion has different symptoms and is reported to affect both SD and HD channels. I have not seen this problem on my (standard-software) HD and HDR Foxes.

Martin

My experience was that the broadcast for episode 1 of 'Crimes of Passion' reflected what the freeview epg for 'Crimes of Passion' which is tagged as subtitled but no Audio Description.
Episode 1 of 'Crimes of Passion' did not have an audio description track but it did have subtitles which could be turned on and off with the subtitle button for the occasions when English was spoken.

Your experience is a bit bizarre for an additional reason. Audio Descriptions are normally toggled on/off by using the audio button.
My bad, it is not audio description but there is a track that describes non-verbal audio in subtitles on top of the fixed English ones. These are accessed by the subtitle button and are denoted 'AD'.

Strange. After Crimes of Passion had this failure a few weeks back and I used fixencflags to fix it the following Saturday was fine. However we went to watch last Saturday's recording tonight and that was broken, so I've had to run fixencflags again to sort it.

One thing to note, the first two times I ran fixencflags tonight it finished after a minute or two with no files reported (and the DEC flag was still shown on the recorded file). My wife was watching another recording at the time, so I wondered if that was a problem and waited till she had finished. Unfortunately the box got put to standby and then restarted before I ran fixencflags again. It then reported fixing Crimes of Passion and another file, but I'm not certain if it worked because no recordings were being played or the restart had reset something.
Perhaps someone could clarify if the box has to be 'idle' for fixencflags to operate correctly.

Back