Before upgrading

InteraX

Guys,

I am about to upgrade to the custom firmware and wanted to check a couple of things.

1. Does anyone have the MD5 hash of the custom firmware file. I would like to verify the file I have downloaded hasn't been modified since it was posted.

2. Does upgrading to the custom firmware remove the current scheduled recordings?

3. Does upgrading to the custom firmware affect your recordings?

4. Does upgrading to the custom firmware modify any of the current settings?

Thanks.

Firmware versions are HERE not sure about MD5 hash. all packages are HERE, The Custom Firmware does not remove current schedules, Does not effect recordings already made or modify any 'Standard' settings. There is a main Unix program called /usr/bin/humaxtv running, that has not been altered in any way, The Custom Firmware runs along side it in a new directory called /mod

not sure about MD5 hash
An MD5 hash can be created by copying the firmware file onto the box and typing 'md5sum <filename>', although really it should come from the original file.

I can't really help since I have not yet downloaded version 1.17.:oops:

I can generate the MD5 from the file I downloaded, BUT from a security standpoint, I would want this to come from one of the people who have built the firmware image. Only then would I be happy that the file I am using is the same one they posted.

I think you worry too much - unless you think the whole forum is a conspiracy! Never had any problems.

SHA1 Checksums from my development system (on which the custom firmware images were built)
Code:
89e1388bdedd6c6aff090eab6f59c2f258476610  HD_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_1.17_upgrade.hdf
a4511f4e30a605d18b318b1319ffb66a62e4ebe7  HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_1.17_upgrade.hdf

I think you worry too much - unless you think the whole forum is a conspiracy! Never had any problems.

I spend my days playing with firewalls, switches, servers & SANs. I've had problems with truncated downloads etc before that have bricked some expensive devices. Thankfully they were under support.

af123: Thanks for that. At least my file matches.

Fair enough. Stick around long enough and you'll get used to my flippancy :rolleyes:

LOL. Just upgraded, backed up schedule, rescanned and restored my scheduled programs. It's looking good. One thing I have noticed is that all the old scheduled stuff that was lost on previous rescans has now come back into the schedule. I think I'll have to keep an eye on the schedule now to make sure some of the stuff we don't want anymore doesn't start recording.

LOL. Just upgraded, backed up schedule, rescanned and restored my scheduled programs. It's looking good. One thing I have noticed is that all the old scheduled stuff that was lost on previous rescans has now come back into the schedule. I think I'll have to keep an eye on the schedule now to make sure some of the stuff we don't want anymore doesn't start recording.
Can you give more details? The restore shouldn't add anything beyond what was there when you backed up.
Any schedule entries which are shown with dashes for the time/date are ones for which there are no current matches within the EPG data. If nothing shows up in the EPG for a while they will automatically disappear or, if you're sure the series has ended, you can remove them with your remote control among other ways.

One thing listed there is Merlin and that finished ages ago. Same with Death in Paradise, Frozen Planet, Top Gear USA (I am sure I deleted this) & Peter Kay live at the Bolton...

The box doesn't have any way of knowing if a series has finished, or whether it's just on a break, so it keeps things which have finished in the schedule list for 13 weeks before deleting them. You can delete them yourself if you wish.

SHA1 Checksums from my development system (on which the custom firmware images were built)
Code:
89e1388bdedd6c6aff090eab6f59c2f258476610  HD_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_1.17_upgrade.hdf
a4511f4e30a605d18b318b1319ffb66a62e4ebe7  HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_1.17_upgrade.hdf

Is it possible to get these onto the Wiki for future files?

Back