Best back-up method?

john gerard

Just what is the best way to back up my recordings on the HDR Fox T2?

I'm a newbie, and my technical knowledege is not up to scratch (yet) so please bear with me.

I know I can back-up on a USB tethered external HDD, and play it back on the original humax via the same route, but can I back-up over a wired/wireless network connection to a NAS? I'm only interested in playing back recordings on the original Humax, not a PC or another device anywhere else.

Or is it best to go the FTP route? If I do, again, do I stream to the Humax, or will I just transfer recordings back to the Humax to watch?

I'm not clear on the ins and outs yet of how all this works, but I'll get there with advice.

Thanks in advance for any replies...

FTP is the quickest and easyest way to get files off the Humax but you must remember that the files can only be played after they have been FTPed back to the original Humax unit, because the files will still be encrypted. It would not be possible to stream content back to the Humax unless it was decrypted before it was transferred off the Humax. Although it is possible to decrypt without it, Things get a lot easyer if you install the Custom Firmware

Just what is the best way to back up my recordings on the HDR Fox T2?

I'm a newbie, and my technical knowledege is not up to scratch (yet) so please bear with me.

I know I can back-up on a USB tethered external HDD, and play it back on the original humax via the same route, but can I back-up over a wired/wireless network connection to a NAS? I'm only interested in playing back recordings on the original Humax, not a PC or another device anywhere else.

Or is it best to go the FTP route? If I do, again, do I stream to the Humax, or will I just transfer recordings back to the Humax to watch?

I'm not clear on the ins and outs yet of how all this works, but I'll get there with advice.

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Click the links below - lots of info.

Back