better search facility

i've probably missed a thread on this, but is there a better search facility that the one that exists as FIND on the t2?? i find the six searches very limiting

i only really use this for ESPN programmes as they still havent included series link in their broadcasts by the looks of things? i have to remember to search weekly for things like bundesliga, serie a, eredivisie and ligue 1 highlights.
does anyone know of a way round this, or does an alternative already exist?? you'll all know that only 6 searches are saved and the addition of a new one pushes the sixth one off, a la there were six in the bed and the little one said etc....except six still remain in the bed i guess??

thanks in advance for any advice here

If you install the Custom Firmware you can set-up searches that will E-mail when a match is found or record automatically, you can also search on all the text in the description as well as the program title, so for example you can search on Hitchcock or James Bond rather than a specific Title

is there an easy way to access the remote scheduling portal, i'd have thought there'd have been a link to it on web-if?

my problem with ESPN not having series link seems to defeat the rs thing too unfortunately, or can i arrange it to keep searching for various programmes of the same name even if they're not series linked?

my problem with ESPN not having series link seems to defeat the rs thing too unfortunately, or can i arrange it to keep searching for various programmes of the same name even if they're not series linked?
Yes.

The idea of a link to the RS Portal from the WebIF has been mentioned before.

I thought the whole point of the rs site was to set recordings when away from your LAN. Webif has a very good EPG with single channel listing.

True, but not the automated search and schedule facilities that the RS offers, which is what we are looking for here to make up for the lack of series linking on ESPN.

did i see a mention of the dedup in conjunction with this?? it seems to have set up loads of recordings which are broadcast 3 or 4 times per week, or does the dedup run after the recordings have been made

think i'll email espn to see why they appear to be the only freeview channel that doesnt have series link

I don't have direct experience of the auto-scheduler, I like to keep control by having emails of matches and acting on them myself.

If you want dedup, you need to set that up yourself. Obviously if you have structured your search to pick up all repeats they will be scheduled, you can always go into the schedule and remove the ones you don't want. Better to have too many than too few!

Back