Blank screen ITV Be

EEPhil

Number 28
Not a channel I watch, or want to watch. I'm just allerting Aura users to a further problem I've found.

I accidentally tuned to ITV Be and noticed it was blank. Furthermore, as I did so a recording (5USA) in progress stopped early. Curious, I tried again later and other recordings (on TPTV, More4) failed. ITV Be is not blank on my TV or other Humaxes. I've now hidden (why can't we delete?) ITV Be on the Aura.

(The Aura was correctly tuned to the Waltham transmitter and all other channels on D3&4/PSB2 seem OK. A retune for the regular Freeview shuffle has no effect)

Another sign of poor software on the Aura?

I just looked and can confirm ITV Be is blank for me too, pressing the record button on my remote starts a recording that can be watched though.

I accidentally tuned to ITV Be and noticed it was blank. Furthermore, as I did so a recording (5USA) in progress stopped early. Curious, I tried again later and other recordings (on TPTV, More4) failed. ITV Be is not blank on my TV or other Humaxes. I've now hidden (why can't we delete?) ITV Be on the Aura.
Have you reported it to Humax?

Wow, blank for the whole channel. Sounds like I should get an Aura!
Just a thought - maybe all Aura owners should check as many channels as they can and report the issues/failures to Humax. Get them resolve the issues urgently.
Eg Send them something like - I/we are having issues with the Aura. We can't watch our favourite channel ITV Be. The unit is not fit for purpose. Can I get a refund or will Humax fix the issues before the end of the week/month?

It may give them a push to expedite the fix or give them ammunition to throw at the networks or whoever.

Last edited:
One reason why I was tempted not to report it was I don't watch the channel. But the fact that it caused recordings in progress to fail p'd me off no end! Also, the chance to bring up a couple of other problems and maybe getting to beta test the ArqA solution swung it for me. Must remember to use one of my old Humaxes as a backup recording device whilst these problems exist. What a pain!

Wow, blank for the whole channel. Sounds like I should get an Aura!
Just a thought - maybe all Aura owners should check as many channels as they can and report the issues/failures to Humax. Get them resolve the issues urgently.
Eg Send them something like - I/we are having issues with the Aura. We can't watch our favourite channel ITV Be. The unit is not fit for purpose. Can I get a refund or will Humax fix the issues before the end of the week/month?

It may give them a push to expedite the fix or give them ammunition to throw at the networks or whoever.
I have been doing just that and encouraging others to report faults to Humax. Nothing is achieved by just whining and whingeing on a forum without pressure being put on Humax to sort out their :poop:.

One reason why I was tempted not to report it was I don't watch the channel. But the fact that it caused recordings in progress to fail p'd me off no end! Also, the chance to bring up a couple of other problems and maybe getting to beta test the ArqA solution swung it for me. Must remember to use one of my old Humaxes as a backup recording device whilst these problems exist. What a pain!
Had this come today. At least someone is taking notice at Humax.

"Thank you for your message, and I completely understand your hesitation given the previous experience. We really do value your feedback and understand that it’s important for you to feel confident before proceeding.
To be fully transparent, the update has only just been rolled out to the first few users, so at this point, we haven’t yet received any feedback from either our technical team or the initial testers. We understand your caution and think it’s a good idea to wait for more confirmation from other users before making your decision.
Regarding the ITV Be issue, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. As of now, we haven’t had multiple reports of this specific problem, but we’ll certainly monitor the situation closely, especially that we also see it as an emerging issue from the forum entries. Should we see more complaints emerging, we’ll investigate and take appropriate action as quickly as possible after this long weekend.
Thanks again for your patience and for keeping us informed. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.
Best regards,
Judit
Humax Customer Support

Better response than I got. No mention of the ITV Be in the reply.
We’re reaching out to inform you that our developers have been actively working on a solution to the recent channel blackout issue. We’re pleased to share that they’ve managed to identify the root cause and have already prepared a fix.

If you’re willing to share the serial number of your Aura device, we can forward it to our development team. This will allow them to apply the fix remotely to your device, and you’ll be among the first users to receive it. If you agree, we’ll follow up with any further necessary instructions. If not, there’s nothing you need to do at this point.

Please let us know how you’d like to proceed, and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Judit
Humax Customer Support

Better response than I got. No mention of the ITV Be in the reply.
Update................................

"Thank you for your response and your support.
We still are waiting for the first feedbacks from those to whom the test update has been sent - fingers crossed it fixes the issue and doesn't cause any further problem on the side.
Regarding the ITV Be channel missing, our technicians have been able to replicate the issue and already looking for the root cause for this too - so hopefully we can come back to our users soon with a resolution for that as well."

P.S It appears that they are viewing the forums as they used my forum name in their email :)

Could anyone with the ITV Be blank screen problem, who hasn't received the test update for the Arq A picture pause fault, confirm whether it is still blank.
I've received the update and found that I can now view ITV Be. Are those two things connected, or has it been resolved at the ITV end?

Could anyone with the ITV Be blank screen problem, who hasn't received the test update for the Arq A picture pause fault, confirm whether it is still blank.
I've received the update and found that I can now view ITV Be. Are those two things connected, or has it been resolved at the ITV end?
Still blank black for me though Com 5 is good, I did not do the beta test.

I wonder if the update cures the ITV Be fault. My Aura is still behaving properly - no cancelled recordings, no blank screen. Still need to evaluate some older Sky Arts recordings to see if Arq A problem completely solved.

I have a problem with ITVBe which seems to be undocumented so far.

My Aura is the standard non-updated version - in other words, the last updates were the February and May tweaks to the Freeview apps.

ITVBe is blank - but shows synopsis info, and the EPG populates for the programmes of that channel.

I had ITV3 set to record - but the stupid box got stuck in its usual 'red light of doing absolutely nothing'. Switching it on revealed that it was stuck on the home screen, on the Live TV app. I clicked on the app - and it burst into life, instantly recording (HUMAX: THIS FAULT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!)

I then tried a few channels: ITV4 and U&Dave seemed fine, but when I dialled in ITVBe, ITV3 instantly stopped recording.
I set ITV3 recording again, dialled ITV4... no problem. I dialled ITVBe again, and it instantly stopped recording.
I tried a third time - same result.

You would think that a multi-core processor recorder with three tuners would have a belt and braces approach to recording capability in the event of one possible non-record failure. As it stands, it throws the flaming towel in for absolutely no reason at all. I will say that based on my experience, the Humax Aura is clearly unfit for purpose. I cannot recommend it.

I have a problem with ITVBe which seems to be undocumented so far.

My Aura is the standard non-updated version - in other words, the last updates were the February and May tweaks to the Freeview apps.

ITVBe is blank - but shows synopsis info, and the EPG populates for the programmes of that channel.

I had ITV3 set to record - but the stupid box got stuck in its usual 'red light of doing absolutely nothing'. Switching it on revealed that it was stuck on the home screen, on the Live TV app. I clicked on the app - and it burst into life, instantly recording (HUMAX: THIS FAULT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!)

I then tried a few channels: ITV4 and U&Dave seemed fine, but when I dialled in ITVBe, ITV3 instantly stopped recording.
I set ITV3 recording again, dialled ITV4... no problem. I dialled ITVBe again, and it instantly stopped recording.

You would think that a multi-core processor recorder with three tuners would have a belt and braces approach to recording capability in the event of one possible non-record failure. As it stands, it throws the flaming towel in for absolutely no reason at all. I will say that based on my experience, the Humax Aura is clearly unfit for purpose. I cannot recommend it.
Though ITVBe is just blank black it records without issue, out of curiosity see what happens if you set a recording for ITV3 and ITVBe at the same time then after they start go to ITVBe and see if both stay recording.

I had to set ITVBe recording first, then ITV3, otherwise ITV3 gets booted off.

When both were recording, I went to ITV3 to view live. No problem there.

I then went to ITVBe... both ITV3 and ITVBe instantly stopped recording.

I had to set ITVBe recording first, then ITV3, otherwise ITV3 gets booted off.

When both were recording, I went to ITV3 to view live. No problem there.

I then went to ITVBe... both ITV3 and ITVBe instantly stopped recording.
Very strange, I hope you have reported this to Humax.

I documented, and reported the blank screen and stopped recording. Humax were made aware. I've got the update and these problems might be resolved - they are on my Aura.

I've come across the problem where the recording only starts when you come out of standby. I now usually leave my Aura on during the day, switch to BBC1 before switching to standby, and disconnect the network overnight ( timer connected to network switch). Fingers crossed, I haven't had a repeat of the problem.It shouldn't need workarounds like this.

Back