Borked system

Will Watts

My HDR-FOX T2, which has for some years been happily running custom firmware, WebIF etc has become thoroughly borked.

Symptoms:
- It went into a crash/reboot cycle. This I successfully cleared with the System Flush boot
- However, request to delete any file fails. The web interface reported (somewhere - can't remember where) the the file system was read-only. Can't delete recorded files (via web interface or handset), nor clear logs, nor anything
- The list of installed utilities, as reported by the web page had become hopelessly corrupt
- Reinstalling custom firmware has made no difference
- The WebIF interface has now failed. It reports
500 - Internal Server Error
and that's all it does
- I can still telnet to it. But don't know what to try once I am in.

Pointers gratefully received. Hayelp!

Will

From telnet if it doesn't start up with a menu type menu and then select the maint option to reboot into maintenance mode
When in maint mode run fixdisk

Thanks.

When it reboots into maint mode, the unit does not reconnect to the LAN via its wifi dongle (although the LED on the dongle flickers as though it is being driven). Also, I don't appear to have access to its setup via the remote - which I suppose is as expected.

I suppose this means I have to contrive a CAT5 line to it?

When it reboots into maint mode, the unit does not reconnect to the LAN via its wifi dongle
Do you have the wireless-helper package installed?
Also, I don't appear to have access to its setup via the remote - which I suppose is as expected.
It is. The Humax software does not run in maintenance mode after an initial brief period.

Many thanks all.

I borrowed the world's longest patch cable from work, telnetted in on that and have successfully run through fixdisk, which finished with exit code 0. The machine allows me to delete recordings through the remote control, so I have got read/write capability back: the file system seems repaired.

However, the web server still reports 500 - Internal Server Error , so I guess I need to do something to force a reinstall of the custom software. Hints warmly appreciated.

fixweb failed, as attached.

(Couldn't paste the few lines into a message: BBS software thought I was posting external links.)

Attachments

• fixweb-log.txt
    544 bytes · Views: 8
Use the maintenance mode menu to wipe the CF, and then re-install. The problems were probably caused by the file system errors that have now been fixed.

Never mind the quality, feel the width.
Or in this case: length (ooh-err missus, no, don't...)

These lines seem odd to me:
Not deleting modified conffile /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico. /mod/var/opkg/info/webif.postinst: line 43: /mod/webif/lib/bin/diskattrs: not found /mod/var/opkg/info/webif.postinst: line 44: /mod/webif/lib/auto/upgrade: not found * file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico: No such file or directory.
Can you try (from a command prompt):
Code:
humax# ls -ld /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico
humax# ls -ld /mod/webif/lib/bin/diskattrs
humax# ls -ld /mod/webif/lib/auto/upgrade

Got this:
Code:
humax# ls -ld /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            19 Nov  1 07:42 /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico -> img/fav/favicon.ico
humax# ls -ld /mod/webif/lib/bin/diskattrs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1686 Jan 12  2017 /mod/webif/lib/bin/diskattrs
humax# ls -ld /mod/webif/lib/auto/upgrade
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1061 Jan 10  2017 /mod/webif/lib/auto/upgrade
[

Back