Box crash when removing router

jack616

FYI
I dont know if this is a Humax problem or a custom firmware problem or just my boxes ( tried on 2):

I've just been familiarising myself with the Portal software and discovered that losing power
to the router (or pulling out the data cable) causes the Humax to freeze.

To recover a power off "back to the wall" is required
If a recording is in progress the recording stops and playback says power failure.
This is a "hard issue" I can repeat at will.

I experienced freezes with the custom firmware and rs when there was no available internet connection but believe that the latest rs version removes this issue. Check the versions of your installs from within the webif and report back?

I've just been familiarising myself with the Portal software and discovered that losing power
to the router (or pulling out the data cable) causes the Humax to freeze.

Is this the custom portal or the standard TV Portal? Have you tried the "exit" button?

I can confirm that the freezes i had were caused by my use of the V1.15 firmware.
After upgrading to 2.0 the router power loss or cable unplugging no longer causes the Humax to freeze.
Thanks for the assist SS and BH

That's probably because the more recent custom firmware/software cured a problem when the remote scheduler couldn't access the RS web service.

Back