Box Freezing

Andybrody

Hi all.
Just had a weird problem on a HDRFoxT2 running 1.02.32/2.16, at first i thought that it was caused by upgrading to 2.17. Almost as soon as i had upgraded the box would start to drop out on picture and sound and then freeze then you could do absolutely nothing, web-if would constantly try to connect (but not say there was a problem like it could not see hummy) Telnet would try to connect but nothing.

The only thing you could do was switch off on the back you would then get about 10/15 seconds to connect via web-if and telnet then freeze again.
So i reinstalled 2.15 and tried again, exactly the same problem.
After a lot of messing about i unplugged my media player that i use as a NAS, bingo all sprung back to life and normal operation.
I have now put shareFolder to off in network shares auto mount and all seems perfectly normal, forgot to mention that just before the freezing started i had just put shareFolder to on.
Thought i would just report this problem in case anyone else has a similar one.
Cheers to you all.
Andy

This sounds like a problem caused by having a DNLA server running on your network that the Humax can't handle, is the NAS running Twonky Ver 7? If it is, there is a very good chance that this is what is causing your problem. Turning off Content Share on the Humax will prevent it happening, but this will also stop Web-If decryption of recordings taking place, The only real solution is to replace Twonky ver 7 with Ver 6

No it is a sumvision media player all it has is samba running, it is not realy a nas but that is how I use it.
Im not certain that it was the sharefolder that was causing it as I have had sharefolder on many times before. It colud have been caused by a network error that is was unaware of at the time and resulted in the hummy freezing.

The 10/15 second freezing can quite often be fixed by temporarily Turning off Content Share on the Humax, or disconnecting the Humax LAN / WiFi connection, If that does cure the freezing problem it's fairly certain that there is something on the network the Humax doesn't like, the only two items I know of that causes this is Twonky Ver 7 and Cyberlink PowerDVD ver. 11 . If it is a network problem try temporarily removing ohter items on the network to determine what the Humax doesn't like

I have now put shareFolder to off in network shares auto mount and all seems perfectly normal, forgot to mention that just before the freezing started i had just put shareFolder to on.
We know about this. If you place a network mount into the My Video folder, the standard Humax operations don't know it's not local storage and the DLNA indexer hogs the network to index the NAS. Some people have not found this a problem, but it is in general advised against.

Back