Box froze today

Robti

hi my box froze today while watching tv, no remote or button worked so did a power cycle, so no recordings being done tried the logs but only found this
Code:
21/01/2018 13:31:33 - System booted (Unknown 4).
anything I could look at or just accept it ?
Thanks

Were you actually just sat watching a programme? Or were you using the remote when it froze?
If the latter, what were the exact circumstances and how long had the box been on?

Just watching tv, must have been on that channel for around an hour, only thing that was different to all other times was I had just closed the av cabinet door to do some work,but checked the temp and it was under 50 degrees

My HDR 1 crashed at about 20:15 tonight and I've had to remotely power cycle it to get it back.
My HDR 2 crashed earlier in the week, twice in the same day, and I didn't bother powering it on again. It does this periodically - this time after a Firmware Loader upgrade (which I thought may have made it better, but probably hasn't) and 3-4 months of fairly stable operation.
My HDR 3 crashed, but rebooted itself, at 8:27 this morning.
My HD froze yesterday - it never does this and I can't tell what state it's in at the moment. Haven't got/don't need remote mains on that one.

Remote HDR (but currently local!) crashed on Fri. whilst left in pause during chase play for 3 hours. It's done this before and I should know better.

Unknown 4 just means a power cycle and it would be helpful if it was labelled as such in the logs
Agreed, and has been suggested several times before. But...

You can mod. it yourself at:
/mod/webif/lib/lib.sh
/mod/webif/lib/system.class

My HD froze yesterday - it never does this and I can't tell what state it's in at the moment. Haven't got/don't need remote mains on that one.
Very rare, but my HD-FOXes have crashed from time to time (I have two running 24/7).

Back