Box locked up

Scouser

It may be something that my wife had done, but the box (1100S) was locked onto one channel only last night. The remote would not do anything, and even pressing the on/off button on the box had no effect either. Neither the red or blue light was visible, but we still had BBC1. I couldn't find an on/off switch so had to reboot it by pulling the power cable out. re booting, everything is ok. Is there any way you can lock the box up from the remote, albeit accidentally, or is there a fault on the box? Is my method of rebooting the only available option?
Thanks, Norman

It may be something that my wife had done,
It probably isn't, but why not blame her rather than yourself anyway?
I couldn't find an on/off switch so had to reboot it by pulling the power cable out.
Doing exactly the same as the hard on off switch that you were looking for would have done, so no problem
Is there any way you can lock the box up from the remote, albeit accidentally,
Probably not, but blame the wife anyway
is there a fault on the box?
Probably not. Just a random lockup -it happens to most stuff these days- unless it repeatedly locks up.
Is my method of rebooting the only available option?
If it hasn't got an on/off switch anywhere, then yes, but it's not a problem

But as you do not find it repeatable, my statement "Probably not" was accurate, as it did not exclude the fact that it could possibly happen and left open the possibility of it happening, which apparently it can as confirmed by BH.
But BH was of course correct about my flippancy re. HWMBO.

Back