Broken HDR-T2 to be replaced by HDR2000T?

MDS167

Hi,

My 8-month old HDR-T2 went into a delete loop so was returned to the retailer, John Lewis.
It was sent back to Humax but after a month hasn't been returned.
When they chased for an update on 18/12/13 they were told that Humax were 'waiting for a part that should take a couple of days'.
JL have no idea when my original box might be returned and whether the old recordings are still on it so have offered me a HDR2000T.
Should I grab this opportunity with both hands?

50/50. It depends what you think of the 2000T. Have a look at the topics in the 2000T forum section HERE (click). If you are pessimistic about getting your box back, my choice would be to get a refund and buy a refurb from Humax Direct.

Shame you sent the HDR back, we could have fixed it for you (and it didn't require any parts) - see Things Every... (click) section 10.

It depends. Personally I would rather have an HDR over the 2000T. I would miss the display. Not only that, I have the Custom Firmware installed on the HDR which IMHO, changes a good PVR into an excellent PVR. It is 'feature rich', if you like.

You don't say if you had the CF installed on your 'faulty' HDR, but if you had it would most probably been possible to have stopped the delete loop issue you were having.

I am somewhat biased as I have three HDR's, two in daily use and the other as a working spare.

It might be a bit late for you now, but if it were me, I would ask for my 'faulty' HDR back!

That is a bit of a gamble of course, but I would chance it as I would miss the HDR so much. At the moment you cannot install Custom Firmware on the 2000T and might not ever be able to.

EDIT: My post crossed with BH

...they were told that Humax were 'waiting for a part that should take a couple of days'.
You know you're being lied to, don't you? Perhaps you should enquire which part it is that they are waiting for.
JL have no idea when my original box might be returned and whether the old recordings are still on it...
If I were Humax, I'd just have formatted the disk (losing all your recordings) and sent it back to you. You could have done that yourself without shipping the box across the country and waiting weeks for it to return. The end result will be the same.
As others have said, it would've been an easy fix with the CF.

MDS167 said:
When they chased for an update on 18/12/13 they were told that Humax were 'waiting for a part that should take a couple of days'.
What part are they going to install to fix this? Aren't they just likely to reformat the drive? I thought that the delete loop issue is fixed in more recent firmware versions: shouldn't a box less than a year old have at least 1.02.29 on it?

Edit: just crossed posts with prpr.

Thanks to you all for your replies, you've spurred me on to try and get my original box returned.
To dig a little deeper I called Humax this morning...
Humax have a record of JL asking for the box to picked up but then it's marked as a 'collection failed'.
They can see the JL record noting a call made on 18/11/13 but no record on their own system of any such call....
At best, my box is sitting in the back of JL gathering dust...at worst, perhaps taken home, reformatted and stuck on a well known auction site...

Back