Buying a new HDR will it take customised firmware?

I hadn't realised that the T2 were discontinued.
Why, where have you been?

Any point in getting one of these Grade A as a future replacement?
At least one member has one mothballed, I have four running which should keep me going for a while. The main risk is that the broadcast standards change and make them obsolete (as have become my two analogue PVRs).

I think most of us are hoping for a good few more years yet, and many are also running much older boxes.

I think most of us are hoping for a good few more years yet, and many are also running much older boxes.

Now that you said it, my old 9200 is still going in my in law's.
I would also like answers to my other questions if at all possible, please.

No need for crystal ball. Question one could be answered byaf123; question two by anyone with knowledge of different machines.

So why will the 2000T not accept custom firmware? Does it not support USB firmware updates or is it something else? (Another reason not to get one, as if more were needed...)

So why will the 2000T not accept custom firmware? Does it not support USB firmware updates or is it something else?
I think the problem is taking the first step. Unless someone has a supply of boxes that they don't mind being bricked then a downloadable software version is needed so that it can be analysed and things like the memory layout understood.

(Another reason not to get one, as if more were needed...)
For our purposes the HDR-2000T is performing very nicely; each to their own.

So why will the 2000T not accept custom firmware? Does it not support USB firmware updates or is it something else? (Another reason not to get one, as if more were needed...)
The crack for the HDR-FOX was the availability of a .hdf file. Without the equivalent for the 2000T, nobody can do anything - and even with the equivalent it might not be possible to crack.

Back