Camcorder files .MTS

Warris

I have just discovered a little trick I thought I would share with you.

If you have a camcorder that records in HD using the .MTS extension the files wont play from a usb devise connected to the Humax. If however you change the file extension to .MP4 they will.

Haven't tried copying them to the humax as .MP4 files but presumably they will play.

Nice - the same trick works on .mov files that come off some digital cameras (e.g. Sony).

It's always worth a go when you have a media file that won't play, to try renaming the file extension. It is hit-and-miss unless you first research what rename is likely to work.

I have just discovered a little trick I thought I would share with you.

If you have a camcorder that records in HD using the .MTS extension the files wont play from a usb devise connected to the Humax. If however you change the file extension to .MP4 they will.

Haven't tried copying them to the humax as .MP4 files but presumably they will play.

If you get a copy of tsmuxergui. Drag the first clip to the add button, group select the others and drag the others to the join button you get seamless playback. Output as .ts (no recoding so lightning fast), the resulting file will work. You can use same software and technique to burn a AVCHD folder. Burnt to a DVD 1080i 17Mbps content will play on a blu-ray player in HD. You might need to tinker with the audio delay a tad if lip synch is an issue.

Back