Can I Record one channel & watch another on a HD-FoxT2?

BLUENOWZ1878

Because if Iam recording at the moment ,if I try to change channels I get a Message saying
" Cannot change channels while recording".......??????

The HD-fox T2 only has one tuner, a tuner selects a single MUX, not a single channel, a MUX is a collection of channels, you can record one channel and watch another one as long as both channels are on the same MUX. The channels held on each of the 6 MUXs are shown HERE e.g. PSB1, PSB2, PSB3, COM4, COM5 and COM6. The ''cannot Change . . .' message is displayed if you try to watch a second channel on a different MUX to the one being recorded

The HD-fox T2 only has one tuner, a tuner selects a single MUX, not a single channel, a MUX is a collection of channels, you can record one channel and watch another one as long as both channels are on the same MUX. The channels held on each of the 6 MUXs are shown e.g. PSB1, PSB2, PSB3, COM4, COM5 and COM6. The ''cannot Change . . .' message is displayed if you try to watch a second channel on a different MUX to the one being recorded

I am asking for a friend he was trying to record Ch4 whilst watching BBC1 in SD ,I see if he uses PSB3/BBCB he can record both in HD!
Thanks for the info ......Jim

Yes, that is correct. Also it is possible to keep a permanent record of the second 'watched' program, by waiting until the first program has finished recording and then wind back the time-line buffer on the watched program to the beginning and press record

Yes, that is correct. Also it is possible to keep a permanent record of the second 'watched' program, by waiting until the first program has finished recording and then wind back the time-line buffer on the watched program to the beginning and press record
Not on a HD, although nice splice can help there.

Posted on the move. Please excuse any brevity.

Back