Can I recover files "lost" after running fix-disk?

lashers

For a while I had reception problems (on HD channels only) which seemed to start after using a newly purchased graded HDR-T2 1TB I bought as backup for the box I was previously using. This ranged from occasional screen glitches to complete loss of picture and came to a head a couple of weeks ago when (as luck would have it) I was trying to record most of BBC's Glastonbury output. A couple of times it got so bad that the box locked up completely and i was forced to cycle the power - more of this at a later date. When I came to play back some of the recordings I found that one of the folders they had been saved in had disappeared and the web-if media browser would no longer display the size of any folder. Reckoning that some corruption had occured I followed the instructions to run fix-disk which found and fixed numerous filesystem errors. The result of this was that reported free space on the drive increased by 9GB but there was a difference of about 40GB between that space and the reported size of My Video; the lost folder did not reappear. Using my very limited knowledge I had a look round the drive via Telnet and found files of what looked to be the right size in '/mnt/hd2/lost+found' and have used an FTP program to try to copy the files off but found I was unable to navigate to that directory. Can anyone please suggest a means of accessing this directory to recover the files or failing that provide the commands to free up the space? Any assistance would be gratefully received.

I'm guessing you have the FTP option on the Humax turned on and are using the Humax in-built FTP server, if so this will only allow you to see My Video, My Music and My Photo, however if you turn off the Humax FTP server and install the Custom Firmware version you can navigate to all areas of the hard disk. The CFW package is called betaftpd there are notes on the WiKi HERE

Using my very limited knowledge I had a look round the drive via Telnet and found files of what looked to be the right size in '/mnt/hd2/lost+found' and have used an FTP program to try to copy the files off but found I was unable to navigate to that directory. Can anyone please suggest a means of accessing this directory to recover the files or failing that provide the commands to free up the space? Any assistance would be gratefully received.
Why do you want to copy files off? Just move them back to where you can use them (using Telnet):
Code:
humax# mv /mnt/hd2/lost+found/* "/media/My Video"

I have been having issues with my Fox HDR T2 and have run fix disk 2 or 3 times. The last time this was run, it was left running for several days and I think it got stuck. After rebooting, when the Media button was pressed, 'processing' showed momentarily and recordings were not showing. However the HDD was showing that there was 170 gb free. The recordings were still there but couldn't be seen. Having searched the forum for this phenomenon I came across this thread. I intend to replace the HDD but would like to copy viable exisiting recordings to the new disk. The intention is to use a SATA USB adapter to do this after the exisiting HDD has been replaced.
I used the command line to enter
humax# mv /mnt/hd2/lost+found/* "/media/My Video"
and although I was able to see lost recordings they are in a folder showing as #20865025. This folder has 123 files and when opened is named [HDD] My Video #20865025. I have been able to play some recordings
When the Media button is pressed there are 6 Folders:
#20660225 containing no files
#20865025 containing my 'lost recordings'
#36921345 containing no files
#37634049 containing 1 file but when the folder is expanded the file is not visible
#57655297 containing 9 files, When expanded the sub folders are listed as
bin with 1 file
etc with 5 files
include
lib with 3 files
sbin
share with 2 files
tmp with 2 files
var with 4 files
webif with 6 files
#7938049 containing no files

The webif folder I suppose would hold the Web Interface files but normally the folders above are usually not visible in that way. Only the recordings are usually shown when the Media button is pressed.
However, when attempting to load up the web interface I received a message that no internal disk was found. I attempted to reset the custom firmware with a view to redownloading the web interface files again but am unable to do that due to the internal disk not being found. The plan was to run the decrypt package before doing the copy. I am thinking that the reason the Web IF couldn't see the disk could be due to the findings described above as the HDD is present and working albeit in a potential flaky way. Can anyone assist please?

Back