Can I Stop my Humax from switching TV input when turned on.

4ndy

Besides my Panasonic TV connected by HDMI, I have an old 6" analogue TFT TV connected by A/V.

The latter sits in a drawer, to be watched when there is disagreement over what to watch. I also use it schedule or move recordings without annoying the family by stealing the main TV.

This works OK except I have to keep the Humax turned on. Otherwise turning on the Humax takes over the main TV. I have turned off Link on the Panasonic, but can't find an option on the Humax.

Does anyone know a way to fix this please? On a similar setup with a CRT and VCR I just used to cut pin 8 in the scart.

The Humax should not switch your TV input, have you tried using a different HDMI port on your TV?

Thanks for the suggestion Brian.
I never thought of swapping HDMI as HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 both switched with DVD recorder and Blu-ray attached to them. Swapped the Humax to HDMI 2, and it no longer switches input on turning the Humax on, though I've only been able to test from half awake so far. I don't understand why it works, but am chuffed it does, as are the rest of the family.

I think that Panasonic TV's auto switch with anything connected to HDMI 1, even though the Humax does not support auto switching.

I have an old 6" analogue TFT TV connected by A/V.

The latter sits in a drawer, to be watched when there is disagreement over what to watch. I also use it schedule or move recordings without annoying the family by stealing the main TV.
I guess most of us on here use the WebIF for this!

Just to add, I have a Panasonic with 3 HDMI ports. Port 1 is connected to a Sky box and auto switches when turned on, port 2 is connected to a Panasonic freeview PVR and also auto switches. My Hummy is connected to port 3 and that never switches so it looks like Panasonic sets auto switch ports 1 & 2 only.

Just to add, I have a Panasonic with 3 HDMI ports. Port 1 is connected to a Sky box and auto switches when turned on, port 2 is connected to a Panasonic freeview PVR and also auto switches. My Hummy is connected to port 3 and that never switches so it looks like Panasonic sets auto switch ports 1 & 2 only.

Hi,

It may be just HDMI 1 for non-Panasonic equipment ?

You could try swapping the Humax and Panny PVRs and you might find the Panny still switches when on 3, while the Humax still doesn't switch when on 2 !!!!

Worth an experiment ??
Pete

Back