can I stop particular episodes from a series recording?

mlavende

Hi,

I don't think it's possible, but I'll ask anyway since I could do it on my trusty old Toppy.... :)

Let's say I have a series link for a programme set. It records each day at 9pm on CH4 and shows up in the schedule as such. It's Monday but I don't want to record Thursday's episode since I want to record two other channels instead.

Can I just delete Thursday's episode from the schedule? I don't think it works does it and instead removes the whole schedule.

Is there any way around it short of recording each episode manually?

Thanks

-Mat

It would be good to be able to set priorities on recordings.

Can I just delete Thursday's episode from the schedule? I don't think it works does it and instead removes the whole schedule.
Correct.

Is there any way around it short of recording each episode manually?
No.

An alternative to manually setting up each recording is to set a Remote Scheduling search-and-schedule on a per event basis, and this will ensure each episode is scheduled for recording without you having to be on the ball. Any you don't want can then be deleted from the schedule without affecting the others. However, whether manually or RS, the episodes will be recorded as individual items and not into a series folder (although the long-awaited classifier package is slated to do something about that, or you could create a folder and move the recordings manually).

Correct.

No.

An alternative to manually setting up each recording is to set a Remote Scheduling search-and-schedule on a per event basis, and this will ensure each episode is scheduled for recording without you having to be on the ball. Any you don't want can then be deleted from the schedule without affecting the others. However, whether manually or RS, the episodes will be recorded as individual items and not into a series folder (although the long-awaited classifier package is slated to do something about that, or you could create a folder and move the recordings manually).

Which is pretty much how it worked on the Toppy. Just seems a shame to not utilise the 'series link' facility.

Thanks anyway

-Mat

The series recording mechanism uses the Series CRID code to search the EPG for the next matching entry and create the next schedule when the current schedule is actioned. Deleting the series entry revokes the whole mechanism, so it is difficult to see how it could be possible to omit a particular recording unless support was built in to set a "reschedule but do not record" flag.

Back