Can I View Recordings Through A Wii On An Older TV?

My Fox is in the bedroom and I'd like to be able to watch some recordings downstairs on a TV which doesn't appear to have any USB connections.

It is connected to my Wii and I was wondering if there is any way I could use that connection to view what's on the Fox?

I am currently looking for a second HDR-Fox T2 but wondered if this was a viable stopgap?

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Maybe...

1) The Wii (or some other unit) has to have a media player capable of supporting the .ts file format used by the HDR-FOX (both the container format and the video and audio streams within);

2) The Wii has to be able to access media over the home network by DLNA, or failing that by SMB or NFS from a NAS.

If the Wii (or something else) meets the above requirements, it should be possible to coax the HDR-FOX into serving to it.

OP
OP
D
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not very au fait with the technical side of things but can usually manage to plug things in and mess about with them! I've got a spare Humax dongle which I thought I might be able to plug into the Wii as I can't find a USB port on the TV. But the Wii has no settings that I can find that look likely to be of any help. I don't know if it's possible to put a media player on the Wii or how to go about it. If you can suggest anything I'd appreciate it.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Well, obviously to do anything of what I said, you have to be able to network the Wii in the first place. If it doesn't have an Ethernet port or built-in WiFi then a USB dongle is the only alternative, but I have no idea whether there are drivers built into the Wii capable of supporting a dongle.

Maybe you need to be asking on a Wii forum, or maybe this is the wrong solution.

OP
OP
D
Thank you. The Wii does have built-in wireless but you might be right about researching this on a Wii forum. I'll certainly take a look and thanks for your help.