Can my HDR run Customised FW

Sabreur

My Foxsat HDR seems to be older than most. The Diagnostics Page reports:-
Model: FOXSAT HDR
Software Version: HPRSFCI 1.00.21
Installed: 27/07/2012

So is an upgrade possible?

So far as I know there is no impediment. The hardware has not changed, all you need to do is install a modern firmware (eg the Custom Firmware). I am not familiar with the method for Foxsat-HDR, but I am sure it will be explained in the links provided at the head of this section of the forum.

Last edited:
My Foxsat HDR seems to be older than most. The Diagnostics Page reports:-
Model: FOXSAT HDR
Software Version: HPRSFCI 1.00.21
Installed: 27/07/2012
I think all FOXSAT HDR boxes will be at least 10 years old and the oldest will be 15 years old. There is no reason why you can't install custom firmware if you wish.

Thanks for that. It seems that V 1.00.21 is tha latest and greatest Humax firmware. I had got confused about the instructions to reflash the firmware when upgrading the customised fw. Fingers crossed, I'll flash my box today.

Flashing the firmware and loading the software went without a hitch. However I am unable to get the Samba talking to Win 10. I have several Raspberry Pis around the house. All are set to SMB3. I checked out smb.conf but this is very different to the cut down Debian version All standard Hummy functions seem to work normally. I need to find out how to de-enc HD recordings so I can play them on the Kodis.

It would be nice to get Samba working so I can cut out all the sucking and blowing getting files over to the media server.

I don't know anything specific to Foxsat, but with knowledge of HDR-FOX SMB3 is very much a work in progress. To get anything working you will need to enable SMB1 support, or consider NFS, or FTP.

I need to find out how to de-enc HD recordings
So far as I know, the only way (Foxsat) is to install Nowster's Patch – which is not retroactive.

Back