Can no longer connect to Humax running custom firmware

RobL

Evening all.

I have been using the custom firmware for about a week now and must say how pleased I am (love the fact of the auto-decrypt and NFS functionality as XBMC now truly sees the Hummy and can grab all the 'artwork' - can't do this via uPnP). Anyhow, was showing my son the remote functionality tonight and the channels wouldn't change (how embarrasing!!); so, cleared the channels, added a new one just to test, logged out and back in, re-booted the Hummy (via normal remote) and now I can't get back in - just sits saying 'waiting for 192.xxx. I can still FTP in. Any ideas??
*** Ok, I decided to physically switch off the Hummy and I can now get back in - phew!! However, the problem with the 'remote' still exists; I have uninstalled and re-installed and still to no avail. Poss?? - did a channel re-tune last night but, as I have stated, all cleared and uninstalled, etc.. ***
******************** UPDATE: Many thanks to all who read this - I persevered and ran "Fix Flash Packages" from the diagnostics; re-booted and all back again. My 6 year old will be so impressed that we can change channels remotely ... he better be impressed :). Once again, many thanks to those who may have gone down a trail trying to assist. ******

I take it you are referring to the ir package and WebIF remote control?

First, if there is a reboot within a short time of starting up, the CF disables a variety of packages in case they caused it and create a reboot loop. I don't recall how to recover from this and re-establish the packages, but I don't think it is just a case of uninstalling and reinstalling.

Second, several people have reported remote control not working or ceasing to work, and I don't think we have got to the bottom of why.

Edit: I see you have it now.

I take it you are referring to the ir package and WebIF remote control?

First, if there is a reboot within a short time of starting up, the CF disables a variety of packages in case they caused it and create a reboot loop. I don't recall how to recover from this and re-establish the packages, but I don't think it is just a case of uninstalling and reinstalling.

Second, several people have reported remote control not working or ceasing to work, and I don't think we have got to the bottom of why.

Edit: I see you have it now.
Thanks for coming back - appreciated. Just a thought that it may be something to do with a channel re-tune? (...unlikely perhaps but all the same..!). Thank you re the information regarding disabling of packages; not one for this time, but something I can note for the future.

Back