Can not download full web interface

k64

My HDR-FOX T2 recorded three programmes for 0mins each recently then after I deleted these entries I noticed the “deleting...” never disappeared. A search of this forum persuaded me to install Custom Firmware and run Fix-Disk.

The first part of the download/installation worked fine but when, on my PC, I click on “Download & Install the Full Web Interface” I receive error messages:

Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/Packages.gz.
Collected errors:
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/mod/var/opkg/info': Read-only file system.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.
Error retrieving package list from the Internet. Please check your connection and try again.​

At this very minute my Humax is scheduled to record BBC News on ch1 and QI on ch102. It looks as though it is recording and when I press Stop it asks which recording to stop, but neither programme shows in the Media-Video list, so it is not recording at all!

How should I best proceed to fix this unit?

It look like like your hard disk has gone read only, this is a problem that can usually be fixed by running fix-disk, the program you intended to run to fix the * Deleting . . . problem, You may be able to run-fix disk without completing the 'Download & Install the Full Web Interface' stage. Try connecting to your Humax from a P.C. running Telnet, If you are able to connect you should follow the instructions HERE to run fix disk, also to fix your other problem you should answer 'Yes' to "If the Humax is constantly displaying the word 'Deleting', answer Yes, if not answer No."

Reactions: k64
Correct - to access the disk maintenance options you only need the USB part of the install, and then access via Telnet (not the web interface).

Thanks. I ran Telnet and got into Maintenance mode then ran fix-disk (option 1). Here's most of the output:

Running short disk self test
Error at LBA 1812999403
Dev: /dev/sda LBA: 1812999403
LBA: 1812999403 is on partition /dev/sda2, start: 2104515, bad sector offset: 18
dumpe2fs 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
Using superblock 0
Block size: 4096
LBA 1812999403 maps to file system block 226361861 on /dev/sda2

Checking to see if this block is in use...
debugfs 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
/dev/sda2: Can't read an block bitmap while reading block bitmap
testb: Filesystem not open
Unknown error

Press return to continue:

I never received the question about problems with a delete loop.
Is this a major problem?

The delete loop is not a problem as such, the problem is that everyone's disk problems tend to be unique and require a detailed understanding of the file system and utilities available to restore things.

If the automated system doesn't sort it (yes, press return and see what happens), the "easy" option is to scrap it and reformat, but that loses your existing recordings. If you want to repair what you have, you will have to wait for one of the gurus to guide you through it (and as af123 is off-line, that leaves xyz321).

I suggest going back into maintenance mode and choosing the cli option, then type the following commands:
Code:
hdparm --repair-sector 1812999403 --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing /dev/sda

fix-disk -P

Reactions: k64
Did the repair-sector OK then fix-disk found another bad sector so I did another repair.
The subsequent fix-disk looks better as its now advising it'll take 3hr 35min, so I'll report back later today.

Many thanks.

Brilliant! Everything's working again and I still have all my recordings.

There were several errors found but all were fixed OK.
This took ~1hr on top of the 3hr 35min for the long self-test, with no intervention from me.

Many, many thanks.

Back