Can not see HD FoxT2 on home network

Andybrody

Just purchased a HD Fox installed all custom firmware but can not see it on network in house can browse files on full WEBIF no problem.
I have a HDR fox that I have changed the network name to Humaxlounge on fixed ip address 192.168.1.76 and can see on network after a reboot without any problems at all.
The HD fox is on fixed ip adress 1.92.168.1.85 I have changed the login name to Humaxbedroom and could not see on network after reboot and now changed back to Humax and rebooted and still can not see it on network.
If I log into router and view all connected devices (indicated by a green tick) both the HD and the HDR show up as there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Andy

Are you looking for the boxes using their ip addresses, their host names or their hostname.local (zero_conf app needed in webif for this).

I have recently reported an issue where I can see one of my boxes using hostname.local but not the other one (different host names).
Both are viewable vis IP address.

So far nobody has come up with a reason.

Not really a big deal given that IP address works and I have fixed those. It's just a niggle.

Are you looking for the boxes using their ip addresses, their host names or their hostname.local (zero_conf app needed in webif for this).

I have recently reported an issue where I can see one of my boxes using hostname.local but not the other one (different host names).
Both are viewable vis IP address.

So far nobody has come up with a reason.

Not really a big deal given that IP address works and I have fixed those. It's just a niggle.
Thanks for the pointer but i now have another problem (http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/another-problem.4914/) have to sort this out first any ideas
Cheers
Andy

Thanks almost there very rarley use telnet bit of a dummy how do iget option2 on the telnet screen when log in
This what i have on the Telnet screen not sure what to do next

"Humax HD-Fox T2 (HumaxBedroom) 1.02.29/2.21

HumaxBedroom# "
thanks for your help
Andy

You have expert mode telnet turned on (Webif settings screen).
In expert mode, type tmenu to bring up the menu that would normally be displayed when you connect.

Just purchased a HD Fox installed all custom firmware but can not see it on network in house can browse files on full WEBIF no problem.
HD-FOX does not have a DLNA server, if that is what you were relying on to access the HDR-FOX. To gain Windows networking you need to install the samba package.

I presume you are aware of the difficulties with decryption on HD-FOX:

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/important-the-differences-between-hd-fox-t2-and-hdr-fox-t2.1365/

Back