• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Can you disable the menu screen after watching recorded program?

This has been bugging me since I bought it.

I stick on a recorded show around 6.30pm for my wee boy to watch and wind down before bed while I can tidy up and do the dishes. Then it ends and the media menu is still oncreen with live tv behind it. So I have to come in, find the remote and press EXIT.

Is there a setting (or something we can do in custom firmware) so it doesn't show the media menu once a recording has finished playing?

Ezra Pound

How about tuning the TV to an unavailable channel before playing the recorded show, then all you will get in no sound and a 'Current channel Unavailable' message

Ezra Pound

Yeah thats an idea but not suited. I want it just to go back to live TV without me having to press anything!
Sorry, I thought that you didn't want him to see the live T.V. (Maybe not suitable), having re-read your request I see you want him to be able to see the live TV without the on screen Menu

af123

Administrator
Staff member
You almost definitely know this, but the media screen will disappear by itself after a while - probably 3 minutes since everything else in the Humax software seems to be based around that interval!