Can you disable the menu screen after watching recorded program?

fattakin

This has been bugging me since I bought it.

I stick on a recorded show around 6.30pm for my wee boy to watch and wind down before bed while I can tidy up and do the dishes. Then it ends and the media menu is still oncreen with live tv behind it. So I have to come in, find the remote and press EXIT.

Is there a setting (or something we can do in custom firmware) so it doesn't show the media menu once a recording has finished playing?

How about tuning the TV to an unavailable channel before playing the recorded show, then all you will get in no sound and a 'Current channel Unavailable' message

Yeah thats an idea but not suited. I want it just to go back to live TV without me having to press anything!

Yeah thats an idea but not suited. I want it just to go back to live TV without me having to press anything!

Sorry, I thought that you didn't want him to see the live T.V. (Maybe not suitable), having re-read your request I see you want him to be able to see the live TV without the on screen Menu

You almost definitely know this, but the media screen will disappear by itself after a while - probably 3 minutes since everything else in the Humax software seems to be based around that interval!

I never noticed it went away of its own accord, that's good to know. Shame they didn't go for 1 minute but it'll do.

Back