Can you use SCART alongside HDMI?

geoffd

I currently have a 9200T and use a DigiSender to share the Humax output to a TV in another room. I am thinking up upgrading to an HDR T2 and an HD TV in the main room connected by HDMI but would still like to make the T2 output available in another room (SD would be fine). When the HDMI is in use is there anything on the SCART socket that the DigiSender could use or is it dead?

I currently have a 9200T and use a DigiSender to share the Humax output to a TV in another room. I am thinking up upgrading to an HDR T2 and an HD TV in the main room connected by HDMI but would still like to make the T2 output available in another room (SD would be fine). When the HDMI is in use is there anything on the SCART socket that the DigiSender could use or is it dead?

Well I have both connected, as I use the SCART(RGB) output to feed a DVD recorder for archiving, and I see an output on both.

Thanks bigmin sounds promising. And have you got the T2 set up to send 1080 through the HDMI? I am trying to understand what would then be coming through the SCART. Would that be 1080 too? Can you put 1080 through a SCART?

Thanks bigmin sounds promising. And have you got the T2 set up to send 1080 through the HDMI? I am trying to understand what would then be coming through the SCART. Would that be 1080 too? Can you put 1080 through a SCART?

The scart outputs 576i (downscaled from 1080i from HD channels). Using the TV scart and RGB it's about as good a SD picture as you can get. Some actually prefer the scart RGB route for SD signals leaving the TV rather than the box to scale to it's native resolution. There is one minor annoyance with having both connected is that when using a hdr the box auto switches to the scart connection for a short period as it starts to record and for both boxes turning it on will select the scart input on the TV. Removing pin 8 from one of the plugs stops this happening

Only hdmi or dvi can output digital HD, component connections will output HD in analogue format.

Back