Cannot access the resource site to install web-IF

barrykap

I acquired my ninth Foxsat HDR yesterday and commenced to kit it out with the usual Raydons and HD encryption crack etc. After this I tried to install the Web-IF on the box usng the Box homepage shown in Firefox. To my dismay, it kept returning a site not found error. ie;- "The online repository hosted at 'hpkg.tv' is unreachable." I kept trying but it would not access the repository site. I then found the web-IF opk file from the download pages and added it to a blank USB flashdrive but that didn't work either. Can someone tell me why it will not access the site? Or why I can't install the web-IF opk from a flashdrive? Never had any trouble before with my previous 8 boxes. Thanks.

Nope. Still down. Tried everything, changing browser, disabling Firewall etc but still can't get onto the web-IF site. Is there a way to install the web-IF from other means? Just a bit irksome as I want to set this machine up so I can put it in the loft for LAN access only. If I knew it was definitley just the servers down for some reason I would not worry too much. :)

Strange. Have no trouble at all with anything else. Might try changing the DNS server settings. It worked OK for all my other Foxsats.

Even stranger. I changed just about everything possible in my network settings but still couldn't access the Web-IF install. Then fiddled about with the Foxsat network settings and thought I may as well change the IP. I have 8 Foxsats with IP settings ending in ....121 to 128. This new Foxsat I had nallocated the next in sequence ie.... 129. So I changed it to 139 and it worked! Why it wouldn't work with 129 I don't know. Nothing else on my system is allocated that ip suffix.

There will be an answer to it somewhere. Just depends how interested you are in finding it!

It's impossible for anyone to say without doing some investigations on your network, which clearly isn't going to happen.

Perhaps somewhere somehow that particular IP suffix had been reserved by maybe a long-lost device that I used many many years ago. :)

Perhaps somewhere somehow that particular IP suffix had been reserved by maybe a long-lost device that I used many many years ago. :)
I don't see how that could make a difference. Reserving an IP address at the router means it won't be given out by DHCP, but that doesn't stop a device being assigned it manually.

Actually it can't be an IP issue as I wouldn't have been able to log onto the Foxsat in the first place would it? It is only when trying to access the Web-IF install from the Foxsat that the error comes up. I've just done a little test. As the web-IF is now installed and evryting sweet (using IP... 139), I then changed the Foxsat IP address back to the offending...129 again. But it came up the original 'basic' web IF and the same thing happened when I tried to install it. This time it came up Error 404. So obviously something really strange about this '129' address. Changed it back again to ...139 and all is well again. The full Web-IF available again. Stumped. :) Needless to say it will now stay on 139 full stop.

The WebIf isn't going to disappear just because you change the address. I think you've probably got a duplicate address somehow with another forgotten about device. Start unplugging things...

That's what I first thought, but I don't have that allocated to anything else. I have a strict range of IP's for all my types of devices and 120-139 are for Foxsats as I accumulate them. It's no problem now, I am using ....139.

That's what I first thought, but I don't have that allocated to anything else. I have a strict range of IP's for all my types of devices and 120-139 are for Foxsats as I accumulate them. It's no problem now, I am using ....139.

Open a cmd window.

Type ping hpkg.tv enter

Just tried this and got a reply so it's got to be online.

Back