Cannot get to web interface after firmware install

regain

Hi

I've read the guide and installed 1.03.12_mod_3.13 for my t2 hdr and when it boots it says custom firmware on the display.
Ive added a wifi dongle and it connects to the internet via the portal, but i cannot access the web interface or telnet in.

Is there another step i might have missed? Ive enable the ftp server and share content, and am well used to networking in
general. ftp doesnt connect either.

thanks

Without accessing the web interface, the installation has not been completed.

Be specific: what exactly did you do to try to access the web interface?

I tried the IP address from my computer browser, tried telnet and ftp too. Can’t put the 192.168 link as web addresses are blocked

Hmm. Well, if there is an active connection to the TV Portal, and the IP address is taken from Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN (and the Configure LAN settings look sensible), I guess your router is the problem.

It could be that your router is configured to grant WiFi access to the Internet but not the rest of the local network (as a facility for visitors wanting casual WiFi access). If so, you will need to go into your router settings and tell it that the WiFi node "HDR-FOX" is authorised for the local network.

Hmm. Well, if there is an active connection to the TV Portal, and the IP address is taken from Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN (and the Configure LAN settings look sensible), I guess your router is the problem.

It could be that your router is configured to grant WiFi access to the Internet but not the rest of the local network (as a facility for visitors wanting casual WiFi access). If so, you will need to go into your router settings and tell it that the WiFi node "HDR-FOX" is authorised for the local network.

the router shouldnt block access to the subnet, consumer routers wouldnt let you do that anyway

Tried again with the debug firmware. It programs to 100%, I pull out the usb stick and press the standby button. It can’t seem to boot properly, just the logo and black screen in a loop. I reinsert the usb stick and it programs it again.

Any help?

No.
Sounds like client isolation is turned on to me (which is why I said try a cable), but you obviously don't want to give any details of anything much, so...

No.
Sounds like client isolation is turned on to me (which is why I said try a cable), but you obviously don't want to give any details of anything much, so...
where is client details turned on? my computer and humax are on the same wifi network, which allows chromecast and dlna access across devices so the router
arguement is not working.

You've satisfied all the conditions on the HDR-FOX that should get you the installation web page, and yet you are not able to access it. The problem has to be in the router, so go figure.

the router shouldnt block access to the subnet, consumer routers wouldnt let you do that anyway
Yes they do. My Netgear has a Guest SSID that does exactly that. Lets the guest access the internet but none of the other stuff on my network.

He obviously thinks he knows better, so let him get in with it. I get the same trouble on the Raspberry Pi forum where hobbyist software cobblers think they know more about how to connect external circuits to the GPIO pins than I do, when they came on complaining their RPi has been fried.

Back