Cannot hold its new firmware

M

m5rcc

Evening,

Just bought a new HDR-Fox T2 and its firmware was a year out of date. Downloaded the latest file, followed the instructions and it would appear that my HDR will not load up anything as it would appear the software doesnt get installed, despite it saying "Download Successful" appearing on the TV.

i try to install the firmware once more and it keep rebooting all the time after a few seconds.

Any ideas?

Update: Kept it off for 10mins and tried again with latest firmware. After a while it appears to have installed the firmware, but it keep rebooting every 5-10secs

How long did it take before showing "download successful"? You should expect it to download and then install, the install phase gets stuck at 79% for a while (just wait) before it completes and tells you to reboot. You also need to remove the USB stick before you reboot.

How long did it take before showing "download successful"? You should expect it to download and then install, the install phase gets stuck at 79% for a while (just wait) before it completes and tells you to reboot. You also need to remove the USB stick before you reboot.

Yes it did all that and probably got stuck at 79% for about a minute or so then continued then said it was complete. I did remove the USB stick and then prssed standby.

Another weird thing is the attached photo: shouldn't I have a software version already pre-installed on the top line?

Attachments

• IMG-20110706-00164.jpg
    IMG-20110706-00164.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 5
Another weird thing is the attached photo: shouldn't I have a software version already pre-installed on the top line?

I always just have dashes there too so I wouldn't worry.

Unfortunately, just because it says 'Success Downloading' does not guarantee that it did actually flash the firmware. I have seen it fail and still print the success message. The delay at 79% is encouraging though.

Try 1.02.07 too in case there is a problem going straight from 1.01.09 to 1.02.20..

Ok - I tried with the humaxdigital site downloads and 1.02.20 seems to work fine on first attempt. Even my pausing live TV works. Lets hope the rebooting doesnt reoccur as it was last night!

This is constantly rebooting now. Maybe 5mins after I turn it on it reboots constantly. Has anyone come across this?

Back