Cannot read PC files on Humax

EmmC

Hi, I've set up network using Home Network with PC using Windows 8. When I try to open music/photo files on my Humax, I can see the name of my PC but when I click on it, it just says connecting and nothing happens.
I have been able to watch files recorded on my Humax on my PC and my i-pad so there is some connections but it does not work both ways.
Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Hi, I've set up network using Home Network with PC using Windows 8. When I try to open music/photo files on my Humax, I can see the name of my PC but when I click on it, it just says connecting and nothing happens.
I assume the files you are trying to open are on the PC. With the standard firmware you need a DLNA server (Eg Windows Media Player) running on the PC for the Humax to be able to "see" the files.

I assume the files you are trying to open are on the PC. With the standard firmware you need a DLNA server (Eg Windows Media Player) running on the PC for the Humax to be able to "see" the files.
Yes, all my music files are on Window Media Player and I have allowed streaming but still no success. Same for photos.

It has driven me slightly insane in the past but that's with Windows 7 giving privalges to access.. Least that is what I've thought. Will probably be told I don't need them. I had the laptop to check against the office machine where the music is and the Humax. Playlist refresh or whatever its called can also take a time. There is a button to do this.
There have been reports of problems in the past with big music libraries failing. No on that question.

Back