cannot reboot with usb drive connected?

sohlinux

Hello
I cannot reboot my box with the usb drive connected? it just stops while loading so I have to unplug it and turn it off and on at the back. is there any way of fixing this? thanks

If the USB drive is powered from the Humax, e.g. it doesn't have a separate mains power supply, it may be causing a problem because it requires too much power, does it work if you plug the USB HDD into the Humax after the Humax has powered up?

If the USB drive is powered from the Humax, e.g. it doesn't have a separate mains power supply, it may be causing a problem because it requires too much power, does it work if you plug the USB HDD into the Humax after the Humax has powered up?

yes its powered via usb only, and yes it works after reboot so I guess I will have to remove it each time

thanks

You only have few options, you could try the the other USB socket just in case it supplies more power, supply power from the separate supply and an adapter cable or as you say continue to unplug it during boot-up of the Humax

You only have few options, you could try the the other USB socket just in case it supplies more power, supply power from the separate supply and an adapter cable or as you say continue to unplug it during boot-up of the Humax

the front and back usb ports give the same result. oh well I will unplug it each time.

Is this a USB3 drive? A USB2 hub should be OK because the drive has to fall back to USB2 for the Humax, but make sure the powered hub is able to supply USB3 current.

See notes HERE (click).

Is this a USB3 drive? A USB2 hub should be OK because the drive has to fall back to USB2 for the Humax, but make sure the powered hub is able to supply USB3 current.

See notes HERE (click).

my usb drive is 3.0, I ordered the usb2 hub today, I didnt realise usb 2/3 gave different current out, oh well I will give it a try and post back the result. thanks

According to Google it should be OK power wise with a usb2 hub. I say should as the combination of the hub and the devices makes hub selections a bit of a lottery at best in my experience!

v63600-C 1TB DC+-5V ~ 1.0A 11/11
Toshiba Corporation
Made in China

According to Google it should be OK power wise with a usb2 hub. I say should as the combination of the hub and the devices makes hub selections a bit of a lottery at best in my experience!

v63600-C 1TB DC+-5V ~ 1.0A 11/11
Toshiba Corporation
Made in China

I checked the specs on the hub its 1.0A , the humax usb out is 0.5A so the hub should be fine :)

At 4 Quid it's a brilliant solution, I've seen 'converter cables' designed to allow the addition of a separate power supply (not supplied) cost more than that ! !

Back