Cannot see jpeg files on WDC World Book running Twonky

vialli

Hi

New owner of an HDR-FOX T2.
Last night was checkiing out its access to my NAS WDC World book which runs Twonky as a media server.
Hummy can see all of my AVI movie files no problem, but cannot see any JPEG files on the media server, it sees all of the jpeg directories but thinks they are all empty.

I have a Sony DVD player which also has access to the NAS and it doesnt have a problem.

Hacve I missed something here ? Any suggestions welcome

To see images, you need to switch the Humax to image mode using the media option (one of the coloured buttons). Not the cleanest interface but that's how it works.

Edit: It's the yellow button - it switches between Video/Music/Photo. I don't understand why Humax impose the artificial separation, particularly when accessing network storage.

Well that certainly worked I can see the jpeg files , however when selecting a photo to display full screen on my 40" TV all it will show me is a thumbnail right in the middle of the screen..... presume someone is going to tell me to RTFM !!!!

I had this problem running Twonky on my QNAP NAS. I fixed it by disabling the Twonky Media Server installed by default and installed the latest version as a separate package instead. The problem then went away.

So, I would check that your NAS is running the latest version of Twonky. If you are running the latest then check that the Media Receiver has been set to Generic Media Receiver in the Twonky settings.

Ubik

Thanks for the reply, I do have Generic Media Receiver set, but am running a back-level Twonky , on my NAS server which is a WDC My Book world edition I cannot upgrade twonky as a seperate item, its built into the firmware, so I will have to wait for a firmware update from WDC (yeah like thats going to happen) real shame.

Back