Cannot telnet into maintenance mode, nor use window explorer

Brian Davison

Under 1.02.32 I could use windows explorer to copy files to my computer and do disk things.
My disk developed a habit of going "read only" and although I could reset that in windows, it started to do it to external hard drives, and reset them to read only as soon as I tried to copy to them.

Suspecting a firmware issue and or disk issue (there appear to have been firmware updates in the background) I upgraded to 1.03.11, with a view to then running the disk repair as well.

HOWEVER, having upgraded the firmware is refusing windows explorer connections and when entering 1 via telnet to set up disk repair it replies -/bin/sh: 1: not found
should I go back to a clean install of 1.02.32? Is there a problem with 1.03.11 connections?

It sounds as if you have upgraded to the 1.03.11 non Custom Firmware version rather than the HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.11_mod_2.22 version but as it isn't available on the WiKi I guess that isn't the case. Obviously the non Custom Versions of firmware won't allow connection to the Web-If or connections via Telnet. Does you Humax display Custom 2.22 when it is switched out of standby?

I downgraded again but it didn't solve it, but someone told me to try tmenu in the telnet, which got me a menu, and there was an option to remove the password for web-if, and doing that got me full access again.

however, something else that I was wondering about is that sometimes I get the humax available as a disk and sometimes as a "media server" which opens in windows media player instead of explorer. - and you can't do anything useful in media player!!

Brian Davison said:
however, something else that I was wondering about is that sometimes I get the humax available as a disk and sometimes as a "media server" which opens in windows media player instead of explorer. - and you can't do anything useful in media player!!
If you have the DLNA server running on the Humax you will see it as a media server in Windows explorer under 'Network'. If you also have the Samba package installed on the Humax, you should see any shared folders as network shares in explorer. I've noticed that Windows does not always pick these Samba shares up: sometimes they just don't appear. If you reinstall the Samba package on the Humax, often this will refresh the share and it will appear again under 'Network'.

Back